Thursday, March 30, 2006

"Where's Dan?" Continued

Dan and I sat in on Kaitlin's class and headed back to the hotel where I confirmed with Tbone that we would meet at the 34th Street entrance to Penn Station at 8:45 where we expected Scarlett to arrive.

The next morning Daniel was hungry of course. So we went to a nearby McDonald's for breakfast. Dianne met us exactly on time and we headed for Penn Station. We waited patiently for a few minutes when my cell phone rang. It was Tbone telling me that he was across the street at Macy's and they had just seen Tim and Daniel V.

It was so fun to finally meet Tbone and Scarlett. And there was Tbone's sister Kath and Scarlett's stepdaughter and her friend too. Scarlett handed out our super-cool official BPR nametags. YAY! We are on our way!
We were planning to head to the Atlas at 9:45 so I took some time to interview some of the hopefuls in line:


Here is a photo of the line on Saturday morning.



















From the left we have designer Jillan Hanel from Texas, Minna Kao from Brooklyn, Carlos Casanova from Puerto Rico and his friend, Leandro Rodriquez. In the white scarf is "BPR's own" Jamie Mihlrad and on the right is Jodi Rose.















Here are Allison Bannister, Shane McCarty, Thomas Chandler and Brooke Dooley.
















I wonder what Tim Gunn would think of Andrew J and his models, Yelena (in red) and Fay (in black.)



















More hopefuls: Danielle Ciampa, Bethany Meuleners, and models Tenee, Amanda and Martha.














Daniel wanted some Starbucks (have I mentioned that he is always hungry?) and we still had time so I said okay. About fifteen minutes later he finally returned. We were about ready to go so I put my camera and some other items in his backpack. It was getting close to 9:45 so we started to head out to the Atlas but Dan was nowhere to be found. I called his cell phone but it went straight to voicemail. I told the rest to go on to the Atlas while Kaitlin and I waited for Daniel. "We'll find it," I said confidently. (Cue the foreshadowing music again....)

Daniel sauntered up a few minutes later (I TOLD YOU I was going to Foot Locker) and we headed in the direction of the Atlas. Well... we went too far, or we took a wrong turn or something.... Dianne called and asked where we were. "Ummmmmm.... 38th and Park...." We turned around and headed back the other way. By now it was 10:00 and I was frantic. "We have to hurry! Come on!" Daniel ambled along with his Starbucks. Kaitlin says, "Let's run, mom!" She was about half a block ahead of me. I could see the Atlas sign. "Come on Dan!" I called. Kaitlin and I arrived breathless at The Atlas Apartments. There you all were! With your official BPR nametags and your smiles and everything. It was like a dream come true! You really made it! Did I miss the group photo? Sorry I'm late everyone! But where is Dan? He was right behind us. And he has my camera!

I had arranged for Jim Ferazzi to show us around and take us up to the roof. Jim was very gracious and helpful. I was certain that Dan would be along any second. Kaitlin offered to go and look for him. He was right behind us. The view from the roof was spectacular. Of course I have no photos since Dan has my camera....and my agendas for everyone...and my thank you notes.... Oh well, he has his cell phone and I have mine. Surely he'll call any second, right? Right? Dan? To be continued....