Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Laura K's Recap - Part Four Continued


Can we just pause here for a moment....? Let's reflect on the fact that Tim had a long day with the auditions, THEN he patiently posed and visited with our BPR tour members, THEN he came to meet with us.... a long day for sure and yet he was as fresh and talkative as if it we were the first appointment the day. We discussed the auditions and the schedule for Season Three and it's amazing how much we all agree.

I know you would like to hear exactly the kinds of things that we discussed so I'll give you an example:

I truly believe that every single designer who makes it onto the show should be a person that can win. No one needs to be there just to provide diversity of age or ethnicity or whatever. In the end we will have three finalists. They should all be "able to win." Don't tell us So-and-so can't win beause he's too young. Or So-and-so can't win because she's a little nuts. If they make it onto the show they should be pre-qualified as able to win! Well, Tim finished my sentence before I had a chance to get it out!

We also feel like the decoy collection idea has run it's course. It's confusing and unnecessary. (Have you ever tried to explain the "decoy" concept to a newbie?) If there are going to be four collections, say there will be four collections. Don't have four and call it three - we're going to see them all anyway. What the point? Just schedule the episodes to match up with Fashion Week. By the time the second half of the finale aired in Season Two - all four collections had been thoroughly scrutinized and discussed in many many forums - not just ours. The only suspense was who would win. (Tim did not wholeheartedly agree with this, but Tbone, Scarlett and I at least got to express it!)

He also asked us point blank "What did you think of Chloe's collection?" We were all able to express that her win was a surprise but on reflection she was an ideal choice. She has talent, skill, experience, and best of all - character.

We talked a little bit about Jay McCarroll and Project Jay.

Tim described how during the auditions he might be inclined toward sending a particular designer on and he would look over at the Bravo folks and they would either be shaking their heads or nodding in agreement. He admitted that he was getting better at picking out the designers that the producers would like!

I wish I could remember more details of our conversation. Why didn't I take notes? Why didn't I have more intelligent things to say and ask? I have readers RELYING on me for information. I do remember that Tim told Kaitlin she looked adorable in her Kara-kimono. When Kaitlin told him that she was in NYC for a six-month internship at Broadway Dance Center he reached into his pocket and pulled out his card and told her that if there was ever anything she needed that she shouldn't hesitate to call.

Let's pause here and just say, "Awwwwwwww..."

So our meeting with Tim was more fun and fabulous than I ever imagined. He was exactly like he is on the show yet more personal and direct. He felt like a friend.

When he said he had better get going, we asked him to pose for photos. I can't even imagine how many times he is asked to pose for a photo in a single day, yet he was patient and accomodating with all of our requests. After he left we were all kind of in shock - and yet thrilled. It would be a long time before the buzz would wear off.