Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Kara In St. Louis (cont.)

The window in St. Louis featuring the Jordan dressFast forward to Saturday. The event was from 12-4 and I was working until 2:45. I rushed over to the boutique, which is ten minutes from my salon and met my sister-in-law Tracy, a fellow PR fan.While driving down the street I saw 3 tall girls walking in Kara's spring sundresses. They looked beautiful. I met Tracy and we walked in. The scene was good, not too busy, but a nice crowd. We looked around for and couple of minutes, then spotted Kara.

She spotted me in her dress and immediately welcomed me with a huge smile and a warm hello. She really is as nice and personable as everyone has said. I then told her that I was the official BPR field reporter and I received an even bigger smile and kisses- on both cheeks. This is fashion, right? Kara giving some fitting help in St. LouisKara told me I looked great in the dress. I asked her about how it was tied and she said that it was perfect. She then noticed my necklace and LOVED it. It matched the dress perfectly, the colors and bubble-like shapes. I told her about the necklace and and the designer. I also had to show her my business cards, because they have the same bubbles theme and colors as well. She then took my card and slipped in between her cleavage and told me that is how I should wear it.

We small talked for a bit. Apparently, Kara had also thought that she was to be in St. Louis yesterday and even went to the airport! Kara said she has been all over the place and her next stop would be for a friend's 30th birthday. I then remembered that we were the same age. It is always strange to put your age in perspective to famous people. She then complemented me and said how young I look. I LOVE HER! I told her about one of my friends/clients who is also from South Africa. I then asked if we could take some pictures and she gladly obliged.

Kara warmly greeting fans in St. LouisWe chatted some more about the show and her OFW collection, which I gushed over. She said she never tires of hearing about people loving her collection and how she didn't want to be a sore loser and she wanted to show her design talent. We talked about how awesome PR2 was and how everyone was both nice and talented. She mentioned how the show even had a great villain. Kara talked about BPR and how great everyone was and gave a shot-out to Laura, T-Bone, and Jan the Dan Fan.

Before Tracy and I left we said goodbye once more. Kara again commented on how much she loved my necklace and how great I looked in her dress. I told her that I would email her a link to the jewelry designer, as the colors and styles of the necklaces work so well with her collection. I congratulated her on her engagement, saw her beautiful ring and complemented her on the handsome Redman. Kara was all smiles, you can tell she's smitten. Hugs and kisses and we were off. It was a great day. I was so excited and nervous to meet Kara. She really was lovely, naturally beautiful and a petite little thing. Thanks for the opportunity BPR, I had a great time.

Moira AKA "MDizzy"

Also, BPR reader Jeanne spotted the new kimonos at Maneater Threads. Also, here is a link to the jewelry.