Thursday, May 18, 2006

My NYC Trip - Part One Continued

On Saturday morning James and I headed to the South Street Seaport to meet Diana Eng and Emily Albinski.

Emily is wearing the Reed Switch necklace $35.00. Diana is wearing the fuse necklace $75.00.
Earrings and Necklace
















Diana is working as an assistant designer at Generra. She and Emily have launched a new website for their Black Box Nation jewelry line. She is also looking for a new apartment. Obviously, she is very busy!

Diana is just as charming and intelligent as I expected. Emily is delightful as well. We had a lovely brunch and before we parted, Diana very kindly autographed a BPR messenger bag for us. TRIVIA: Diana does not have her ears pierced.

James and I headed back to our hotel where The Scarlett joined us. She brought along a hard copy of the article mentioned here. Let me tell you - it's flattering, humbling and a little bit scary to think that someone has done all of this research about BPR. It made for some fascinating bedtime reading!

I handed off the yellow messenger to Scar as she headed back to the Billion Dollar Babes show. Just in case you missed it, Scar blogged about the fun here. James and I were meeting Kaitlin at the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee show. It was great.

We had plans to meet Emmett McCarthy and Tim Gunn a little later that evening.....