BRADLEY’S EXIT INTERVIEW PART I
Just the celebrity - ness of it all. That’s what was most difficult. I’m really really bad at like ... you know when they were talking about like ... when the judges were going through one by one, like “what would bring this outfit to look like JFK,” or I mean, not JFK ... what’s her name ... Jackie O ... you know all these girls ... I just don’t have that background. I don’t watch too much TV. You know I don’t really study celebrities in general. So, that was a weakness.
* * * * *
Icons to me are like, you know like the girl that walks by you on the street that looks like really really good, or she has like an amazing jacket or amazing outfit or even just like if her outfit’s like ... yeah, icons I think that, I find them on the street more than anywhere. Girls that have really good style is just incredible. It’s like ... this chick is like, knows what’s up.
* * * * *
Yeah the fact that this challenge was turned around, that the models were choosing the designers didn’t affect me really. It wasn’t a problem.
* * * * *
I loved working with Katy. She’s sweet. Super sweet. Super sweet.
BRADLEY’S EXIT INTERVIEW PART II
Where do I find my design inspiration? In music. In music, in silence, in ... not strawberries.
* * * * *
For me, like inspiration comes through different means but like sometimes I can get into this like, you know if you sit down and really ... it’s like falling in love almost, like this giddiness comes out like ... yeah it’s like falling in love. You know when you’re in love like everything’s gorgeous, everything’s beautiful, like you can see your beloved and like you know it’s like singing. And I can reach into that sometimes, like everything’s ... you know it’s ... there’s nothing you can’t like ... well yeah, it’s just being inspired, period, like. Completely. And in that place I guess, or that state you can find inspiration and variety in everything. Except maybe a McDonald’s trash bag.
* * * * *
How would I describe my design style? My design style. Today? How would I describe it? I would describe my design style, um, a mix between ...yeah, I don’t know ... complex and cute.
* * * * *
I’m super picky about my clothes so I don’t have that many clothes and when I shop I hardly find something that I really like so it’s kind of hit or miss. [looking down at his own shirt] I got this at the Army surplus store ______ before I came. My grey sweatshirt is my favorite sweatshirt.
* * * * *
I don’t know there was a lot of funny moments. Uh, what was the funniest moment. There was probably ... there was one that’s coming to mind. The workroom ... the workroom ... sewing ... yeah, I don’t know. I don’t have an answer for that.
* * * * *
I hate being filmed. It grew on me more, and more, and more. And more. I was like, man, please get that camera out of my face. And they’re like guns too, you know these guys like, it’s like serious business. I realized that when they were like [makes whooshing noise, pretends holding camera and turning very quickly to “catch the action”] you know and I think like, something’s gonna like, they’re gonna shoot you almost or something, like [makes whooshing noise, moves pretend camera quickly to hip] you know to the hip [moves pretend camera quickly to shoulder] to the shoulder [two more whooshes and quick moves]. They’re really accurate, I was really really impressed with it you know. Keen state of mind. It’s true. I hate them.
* * * * *
That’s why I’m so ____. Because I’m so comfortable in front of the camera. I am getting better maybe I’m warming up to them but still they’re spooky. It’s dark, and you can’t see all the like, how far is it going back there. You know what I mean? It’s like some void.
* * * * *
Keith winning the first challenge was the most unexpected thing. I didn’t think he was going to ... I thought he was going to get eliminated. And then he won and I was like wow, this is going to be slippery. Get ready for a slippery ride.
* * * * *
I have no clue how that was innovative. A halter top dress with a cumberbund. I mean not to knock his dress, it looked good. But I mean like, innovative? I mean right on the show, they’re like ... that’s the first ... the winner? I don’t know. I mean like, and some of the other pieces that won? I was too like ... [makes disapproving tsk noise]. So there was a few really unexpected things, just in the winners themselves. And the losers, I thought Bonnie was going to win, I thought our team was going to win, then she gets eliminated. Who’s to say.
BRADLEY’S EXIT INTERVIEW PART III
Personally uh I didn’t run into too many blocks on the show. I felt like personally it was ... I was pretty well ... cut through, or moved. I think the machines were the most frustrating thing, for myself.
* * * * *
Who do I think is the most talented? I mean like, you’re talking about like, this show’s like not just about being a designer, this show’s about being very good at construction, very good at patternmaking, very good at draping, you know and then like, you know, to me, you know there’s a reason a sample sewer is a sample sewer – she’s not a designer. And there’s a reason a designer’s a designer because they’re not a sample sewer. And I mean like given that yeah, if you’re like a really good designer and a really good sewer and a really good patternmaker and a really good draper, it even like lifts everything up. But so as far as like who’s the best designer here? I don’t know. And that’s not what I’m really looking at. I think like everyone’s doing their own thing and doing what they’re attracted to and want to do. And you know it’s different. You put like everyone in there – you know me next to Laura I mean like is way different. Me next to Uli is different. So I don’t know who’s the best designer. Best construction guy is probably Kayne. He can sew up like a building.
* * * * *
Yeah, don’t you think like the loser should actually go into a tank and they like shoot the thing and it like dumps you into the water and then they like pull you out. Actually they throw your garment on top of you, you know while you’re in the tank, throw it in the water, and then you know throw some like pink powder in there, you know. Don’t you think ... that’s something, something I think they should do maybe. More humiliation.
* * * * *
What’s next for me now? I feel like right now that there’s a lot of different direction that can happen right now. Yeah, it’s really open. Things have taken their way in my life and things ... feels like there’s a new, new possibilities, and how it’s going to go is unclear at this point. But I’ll still keep making clothes.
Click here to comment.