Friday, August 18, 2006

Transcript of Alison's Exit Interview

Alison’s Exit Interview, Part I

Well when I met everyone on the first day, Jeffrey had on like an LA sweatshirt, so you know were already talking about LA. And we have all these weird similarities, like we both have like Eiffel Towers hanging from chains as necklaces. We like all the same designers, music, movies, just you know a bunch of like uncanny similarities.

Anyway, we started calling each other retarded when -- that came from us being from Worcester, you know that real wicked smack from Worcester. And I took a picture of Jeff and Heidi and he looked like Corky. So that’s been my joke the whole time, if he’s saying something stupid, I call him Corky. No offense to Down’s Syndrome kids, I’ve got a Down’s Syndrome cousin. He’s awesome.

Yeah I thought Laura and Angela were insane maniacs when I first got here. I think I thought they were both evil in the beginning, I remember saying something like that. Laura went to take her dress off and the sound guys would come in to mic[rophone] her in the morning and stand there with her pasties on.

I’m rooting for Jeffery. I think he’s got some great ideas and I hope that’ll shine through. Jeffrey you’re awesome.

Alison’s Exit Interview, Part II

It was really difficult to be filmed all the time, especially in the morning, having a camera in your face with a bright light is not what I like to see first thing in the morning. And you know when you know you’re being watched you’re kind of on guard and aware of what you’re doing. And when I’m like sewing I want to be in the zone and I don’t want to like be aware of what’s going on around me, I want to be completely involved in my work. So it took me a while to get into the zone again

If I’m given a challenge and I’m working in my own space I get it done and I have a little fun, and here is definitely the constant scrutiny.

I forgot that I was mic[crophone]d often. Then I would remind myself that you know people are listening. It was hard to forget the cameras because they’re so big and there’s a big furry boom above you so I think for the most part I was always aware they were around.

I felt like I was on a movie set the whole time. I didn’t feel like I was actually in New York. Like even going to Mood where I go fabric shopping myself, like just – everything felt like a set. It didn’t feel like the New York that I know.

And I was just like so deliriously sleep deprived, and you know excited and nervous that there were plenty of times that I was cracking up like a hyena. And I can’t even remember what I was laughing about.

Alison’s Exit Interview, Part III

My style is Victorian pop punk. My inspiration comes from everywhere. From like patterns in nature and I think as a designer I try to you know show emotion or try to evoke certain feelings through my clothing. You know as well as make the wearer feel comfortable and confidant and strong.

What’s next for me. Well I am thrilled and inspired to start working on my next collection. I’m probably going to get to that right away and, yeah I’m just going to continue along my path as a designer and you know see what comes my way.