Friday, March 30, 2007

Tim Gunn Fix Transcript - Video 1

Tim Gunn’s Video Blog- part 1

Oh, the books on my night table? I’m reading a book about the Templars, which I find fascinating. I’m always reading multiple books. I’m reading the Dorothy Draper biography. And I am - oh god, I have probably half a dozen books. Fashion related as well . . . about the whole semiotics of fashion. Who wrote it, I can’t even remember at this point, this late.

You know, I’m an old fart. I’m listening to Aretha Franklin. Oh sorry, Aretha, I didn’t mean that in that way. I’m a traditionalist in many ways. I love classical music. But I have to tell you, Aretha Franklin is my guru.

My favorite comfort food is meatloaf.

Cocktails at my house? Three people? Easy. Andy Cohen, Sarah Jessica Parker and Diane Von Furstenberg. Easy.

In kindergarten, I think I really wanted to be a doctor. Um – yeah, I wanted to be a doctor.

Next on my to do list is to return all the calls I haven’t returned, and there are many of them. It could take me a month or more.

I have an incredible new job. I’m the Chief Creative Officer at Liz Claiborne, Inc., and there are 40+ brands. And you know, I have to tell you - I’m most excited about the Liz Claiborne brand, because it’s the most challenging and it is the brand that holds the company’s name. So, we’ll see where it takes us.

My favorite travel destination in general is Paris, but the one place I haven’t been that I really wanna go is Angkor Wat in Cambodia.

The section of the newspaper that I read first? Um, I always fast-forward to the TV listings. I cannot help myself. [laughs]

Oh, the last movie I saw that I’ve recommended to everyone I can possibly run into, and it’s an oldie, but a goodie, but it’s not that old. It’s The Devil Wears Prada. I mean it is simply a phenomenon. And if you haven’t seen it, get the DVD, because I don’t think you can see it in theaters anymore. It’s phenomenal. Meryl Streep – you rock.