SL: It's important to remember that there is always a new way of doing things- there are no rules. Travel reminds me of this. In the end, we may refer to our original points of view, but the information gathered along the way is priceless.
BPR: You have special interest in the use of organic, sustainable fabrics. Do you think the industry should be doing more to promote their use?
SL: The use of organic and sustainable fabrics is growing tremendously. However, the industry needs to be more involved. Although everyone is 'going green', many consumers and designers are not yet aware of the benefits of using organic. Approximately 1/3 of the worlds pesticides come from using conventional cotton-many people have no idea. As a culture we are becoming more informed, which leads to smarter choices across the board-from labor/manufacturing choices to our consumption levels. I'm looking forward to the day when the standard is switched, and the consumer demands organic.
SL: I was a bit stunned...and not convinced I should accept! I had someone say "you will always wonder if you do not do this", and I absolutely agreed with that.
BPR: How did it feel being filmed? Were you self-conscious about the cameras?
SL: Nervous at first, but I quickly became comfortable.
BPR: What do you think about the talent level on the Season 4 cast?
SL: There is a healthy amount of talent. Technical skills in large doses.
BPR: It looked like total chaos in the the fabric tents. Was there anything you wish you could have had that you didn't get?
SL: ooh, no. I loved what I was able to grab.
SL: artful & romantic...
BPR: Heidi loved your color combinations. Looking back, is there anything different with the design you wish you could have changed?
SL: No, honestly. I think that dress would look gorgeous on Heidi.
BPR: Did you agree with the judge's assessment of your work?
SL: I do not really agree that the judges assessed my work. Flaws that they focused on with me were quite common in the design room,actually....! I would have loved to finished differently, but realize it was a part of the big picture.
BPR: What's next for Simone?
SL: TS Bloom! Every day we refine and build our collection. We've had a great response, and love being a facet in the industry that mixes design philosophy with progressive business ideas. It's about feeling good in what you wear, and the choices you make to get there.
Thanks Simone! You can visit Simone LeBlanc at her website and her MySpace page.
Click here to comment.