Monday, December 17, 2007

BPR Interview With Steven Rosengard (cont.)

BPR: What about the Project Runway experience surprised you the most?

SR: The kindness of the other designers. At the end, Kit was coloring the buttons with a marker (because dying polyester is not something that was possible in this instance), Ricky sewing on the cuffs, and Victorya zipped Laura up. I knew we were a close-knit group, but those events cemented it in my mind.

BPR: Do you keep in touch with any of the other designers? Which ones?

SR: We all keep in touch with each other, but I suppose I hear from Jack, Jil and Kit the most.

BPR: Where do you usually watch the show and with whom?

SR: It depends a great deal, I always seem to forget the show is on, and have to rush to find someplace that it's on! Episode 2 I didn't see until a week ago because I was flying to London when it aired.

BPR: What was your childhood aspiration?

SR: When I was four, I wanted to be an artist, whatever that means to a 4 year old. At 11, I wanted to be a designer. At 21, I thought I wanted to be an interior decorator. Now that I'm getting close to 31, I think I'm happy back being a designer...but catch up with me when I'm 41--I might be back to designing rooms!

BPR: Have you been recognized on the street? What is that like?

SR: I do indeed get recognized on the street and it still makes me all sorts of bashful. Fans have been so sweet about it and it's great seeing how excited they get. I was terribly afraid that it would feel like a huge invasion of privacy, but the novelty hasn't worn off yet.:) The funniest part of it all is that I was in Paris over Thanksgiving and I thought, "Oh, I can do whatever I want and paint the town red, no one will recognize me." But I ended up getting spotted twice! Once was by an American, who was visiting Paris but living in Barcelona, who had downloaded the show off of some pirate website and recognized me from just the one episode!

BPR: What's next for Steven Rosengard and where can we find you?

SR: I'm still designing for individual clients (a lot of wedding dresses these days, oddly enough!), working on a dress for a Rioja Wines event that will be held here in Chicago, and working on some other projects that I'm very excited about. Part of me would love to do a TV show in the future, but who knows? I always go along for the ride of life and see where it takes me. Maybe one day I'll be a housewife in the South of France. Or maybe the north of France, who knows? It's a great adventure. In the meantime, you can contact me through myspace and my own website, www.stevenrosengard.com

If I could send out a last note of thanks to everyone who has been so incredibly supportive and wonderful throughout my time on the show. This has all been an amazing experience thanks to the people who love the show.


Click here to comment.