Monday, December 03, 2007
BPR Interview With Tim Gunn - Continued
LK: In the first episode, how long were you at Bryant Park?
TG: About an hour.
LK: How many times did they film the "Running across the grass" scene?
TG: Twice.
LK: Does Sarah Jessica Parker prefer to be called "Sarah Jessica?"
TG: Yes. It's Sarah Jessica.
LK: Were you surprised by the designers that SJP chose?
TG: (Long pause) No....
LK: Who did you expect to win the challenge?
TG: I was not surprised. Victorya's design was ideal for Bitten.
(To Kaitlin) You looked adorable in it!
LK: What about the first challenge?
TG: I was not surprised by that one either.
(I had read that Tim was often surprised by the outcomes of the challenges so I continued to pursue this...)
LK: What about the third challenge, were you surprised by Jack's win?
TG: The designers were supposed to create three pieces and I had encouraged Jack to make a vest, but then it didn't matter to the judges.
LK: Three pieces, I didn't know they were supposed to make three pieces.
TG: It seems to have been edited out.
(See, this is the kind of background that we would be getting with "Tim's Take."
Next, Tim asked me how all of you were responding to the season. I told him which designers I perceived were your "favorites." He didn't respond directly but I detected a wistful look... I'm concerned.)
LK: In Episode Two, Ricky shows a red dress with a belt. Did he make the belt or was it off the Bluefly Wall?
TG: He wove it himself.
LK: Does Nina have a contract? Does Michael Kors?
TG: I have no idea.
LK: When you went to the Bahamas to do the "Live with Regis and Kelly" Show. Did they pay for your trip?
TG: No, Bravo did.
Then my husband chimed in:
KK: Tim, you know that Laura knows things about the season that she doesn't post on the blog....
TG: Oh, really, Laura what do you know?
LK (Trying to shoot daggers out of my eyes at Ken, but it doesn't work because he is so cute...) I know nothing, Tim. Absolutely nothing.
TG: Well, you might know about something about Jack, but do you know the rest?
LK: I know nothing. Absolutely nothing. Jack who?
TG: There is much more to come.
LK: More drama?
TG: Yes. We'll have to talk again soon.
LK: Thanks Tim!
Before we left, Tim graciously signed several of the new talking bobbleheads for our readers. This will be our prize for the "Fantasy Runway" winner this week.
Click here to comment.