I have Malan Breton's fashion show in Bryant Park Wednesday morning bright and early at 9am! I LOVE his new collection and also his line of gloves and handbags! Oooh I can't wait to walk in that!
I am ON HOLD for the Zang Toi show. That usually means that the designer wants to use me but has to do a fitting first or just wants to make sure I am available then. This is another show in Bryant Park and it is a very elegant collection. Say your prayers for me that I can do it!
I also went on the Project Runway finale fashion show casting today! I really hope to be in this! OOOH and I know who the final designers are and I cannot say one word. !!! I am going to burst with excitement! I really want to do that show too! That will be Friday morning at 9am. This season it will be IN THE TENT. All three previous season's finale's have been in the Promenade, which is the second largest space. The tent is GIGANTIC. I attended the Betsey Johnson show there today and I am so happy I did! It was so much fun, she is one of my all time favorite designers. I was glad to be there to visualize walking down that catwalk myself! This was a very important show for her because it is her her 30th anniversary collection! Her first show was in 1978! Not only did she show her new collection, but she also showed vintage pieces from the late 70s-80s! REALLY AMAZING!!!
Here I am backstage at the Betsey Show with my friend Eric who is part of the production staff.

Just so you guys know, HERE is the reason why I don't think I have as many shows in NY as in LA.
Watch the video and see if you don't agree with me... I think this era of models is lacking something. These are the TOP GIRLS? I don't get it. They can barely walk, they look sickly, and they have no personality... AND THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME! From Hungary/Estonia/Latvia/Russia and 16 and not eating and dressing alike. Bore me to tears. Maybe I should have dumbed my walk down and practiced my Hungarian accent. And wore a sad black dress.
Give me a size 4 girl who can actually walk. There were maybe 3 girls in there who I thought could walk well and looked like they ate breakfast.
If I were doing a show casting I would call the agencies and demand they send me girls who can WALK! Whatever happened to the Gisele's and old school Tyra's and Karen Elson's? And Naomi Campbell's! WHY must these girls be doing shows so so so young anyway? I don't think the designers demand it.. I think it's these casting directors. And agents. I am the FIT model for Naeem Khan and there are girls coming in for the casting half my size. If I am fit modeling then why do they need to be so skinny?
And no, it is not jealousy, it is genuine concern for my industry. Our industry!
Much love!
xoxoxo Amanda
Click here to comment.