The great runway models are: SMART!
This is not to say that there are girls who aren't smart that are up there, I am simply saying some of them may not have quite as much passion as the ones that stand out.
This job is not for the wallflower or shrinking violet.
The smart model always keeps in mind what looks good on stage and what doesn't.. and will do what she is instructed to a point. If there is a crazy walk in shoes that you feel you might fall in, you might have to walk slower just to remain graceful.
In my seven-year career so far, my experience with dance and acting have helped me tremendously. So, if you want to model, sign up for ballet and theatre! :)
There are models who make it and don't have experience with these things. I am sharing what helped me personally. But who can forget that moment when Coco Rocha opened the Jean Paul Gaultier Fall 2007 Collection by performing a high-stepping Celtic dance?
The models on Project Runway are coming into this at different points in their careers. Seeing themselves walk on tv will help them grow and learn. I wish every single girl the very best in her career, no matter how long they stay on Season 5.
I absolutely LOVE Shannone. I like Nicole, Karalyn, and Topacio this week. Polina and Kendall have great looks but aren't as smooth on the runway. They are probably stronger print models.
Did you guys like my rant? I guess this "take" wasn't very challenge specific but I definitely needed to explain what goes into all of it!
I go to New York Wednesday! Send happy thoughts my way!
Love,
Amanda
Good luck Amanda - let us know how things go!
Click here to comment.