Wednesday, September 09, 2009

BPR Exit Interview with Mitchell Hall - Continued

4. Have you been watching "Models of the Runway?" What do you think?

Oh gosh, I think that Project Runway's designers could have a similar style behind-the-scenes show if integrity wasn't important to the brand. You don't even see half of what goes down!

I've heard that the models have their own set of drama on their show though and that they have a lot to say about their designers. I know some haven't had the nicest things to say about me but I have to give a shout out to Vanessa, not only is she beautiful but I know she's "had my back" in the first three episodes this season. I hope she wins!

5. Which designers have you remained in contact with?

Ari has been in Berlin but before she left we'd talk off and on. Our bond transcends conventional ways of communication. Seriously! I still talk to Carol Hannah a lot. She lives with a few of the other designers and keeps me updated on them, too. Twitter and Facebook have revolutionized social networking so if you count wall posts and emails on there I call Louise, Nicolas, Christopher, Shirin and Qristyl friends and I'm sure I'll stay in contact with them as we navigate the strange world of reality TV 15 minutes of fame and hopefully successful careers in fashion.

6. Looking back, is there anything that you wish you had done differently?

Others would say that they wish I had designed two super simple pieces for the first two challenges and stood up more for myself in the third but I'm happy with what I did on Project Runway. If my aesthetic didn't translate well, I'm happy that my personality and my love of life did.


7. Are you designing a collection for SS10?

I'm working on a small collection with Eileen Roy of Stich! based in Savannah for the contemporary women's clothing store BleuBelle Boutique (BleuBelle.com) that I work for. She is a phenomenal seamstress with many years in the industry. You'll be surprised at what I can produce when someone else is doing the sewing! I'll keep y'all posted!

8. What is the best thing that has happened to you as a result of appearing on Project Runway?

Reconnecting with old friends and meeting new ones has been the best part of my appearance on Project Runway. Project Runway was definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity and I'm so blessed to have been part of a show with such a dynamic and talented group of designers.

Thanks for such great questions Laura!

Thank YOU, Mitchell.

Click here to comment.