The models are edgier this season and I LOVE it. They are high caliber, professional and seem to have great attitudes. I noticed a few girls looking like a deer in headlights but that is to be expected - it's their first day on the Project Runway set! I'll let it slide this time, but ladies.. bring the poise!! I agree with Michael Kors, Nicholas's model (I believe he said her name was Julia - the same name as the first season winner) was incredibly stunning in that navy gown. It may have been a bit on the safe side, but she sold it with her slow, effortless grace. Her posture said "look at me, if you must." Calm and elegant were the words of the day for her! Ivy's model did her best to sell those wonky pants! She had a pleasant soft smile which gave the audience an impression that she really did like what she was wearing. PERFECT!
Peach's model really did, as she said, "walk the daylights out of it!"
Sarah's model seemed to be a little sad. It is a fashion show, but her outfit was sporty! Christopher's model was great, I really like her look. She made walking the runway look easy and breezy, which is exactly how it should be. You never want to be thinking about how the model is walking, her walk should serve the clothes, and hers did in spades! I noticed her way more than the dress!
I love how the camera whipped around to the back of the scrim from the front as Gretchen's model walked out.. it gave a new perspective to the fashion show! IS her model Polina from an earlier season? [Ed. note: She reminded me of Hayden Panettiere!]
A bottom 6! Awesome! Bring on the drama from the judges!
I was not pleased with the elimination. I thought we could have seen more innovative things out of McKell than Jason. Only time will tell.
See you next week!
Amanda
Click here to comment.