It was another hour and a half before I got to take my picture. During the wait, a guitarist played and hors d’oeuvres were passed around. The event was catered by Legal Sea Foods, a Boston institution. Waitresses passed around tiny, open-faced roast beef sandwiches, chicken kabobs, vegetable kabobs, chicken skewers and bruschetta. I had only the bruschetta and it was absolutely delicious! They also offered cucumber spritzers, but I and the couple in line behind me agreed sparkling water would have been just fine!
When I finally got up to take my picture, Tim said, “What’s your name?” I’m thinking, “Uh, what, Tim doesn’t remember me?” I said, “I’ve met you two other times – at Kate Spade in Boston and at Fashion’s Night Out this past September.” Tim said he saw me in line and mentioned to some people he was with that I looked familiar. Can you believe they told him that he didn’t know me? WELL!!! How wrong were they? In any event, Tim thanked me for being so loyal. He is so thoughtful! He thought the bracelet I was wearing was from Kate Spade. I said, “No, but it looks like it, doesn’t it?” I didn’t have the heart to tell Tim I purchased it at Target.
Tim, I am a bargain fashionista, and I think you need to put me on your staff at Liz Claiborne!!
Per Laura’s request, I asked Tim if he would be involved in casting for Project Runway season 10. He said he wouldn’t be there physically because of taping for his other TV show, “The Revolution,” but he will be consulting with the producers.
I enjoyed yet another meeting with Tim Gunn! Tim, next time, let's do lunch! Mean it!