Ven's first model was too angry. Also, not the best fit on that pant.
At least she took her time! The pants needed an extra half inch on the
hem. I have learned from Nick Verreos that one should never see the
shoe you're wearing with a long garment.
Ven made the right choice in selecting his better model for the second
look! She was very fierce and fabulous without looking angry. Strange
fit on the bodice of that dress though.
Beatrice's first girl walked too fast for my taste. Also, not the best
posture. Her second model was so much smoother! Wow. I'm beginning to
see a trend here! She had poise, great shoulders and wonderful
posture. I always say a great runway model knows how to have her
shoulders up, back and down before her turn on the catwalk.
Lantie's first girl was just ok for me. Again with the bad posture.
Second girl just ok too. Like her dresses. Meh.
Andrea's first model really listened to her direction to smile! She
was able to have a cute, whimsical look that went along very nicely
with her dress. Bravo to her!! The second model did a fabulous job
smiling as well. She is helping sell that ill-fitting hoop skirt!!
Christopher's first model was stunning. Great hair choice!! She is so
beautiful!! The dress? Doesn't fit her at all. Gapping everywhere.
Zipper in the back gave her an extra strange shape that no woman
wants! The girl walking in the gown looked afraid. "There's a lot of
people out here.. so many cameras.. I hope I don't trip..." was
probably floating through her mind. My advice is... think about the
garment you are wearing right before you walk and pretty much let it
be from there. Don't think on the runway. Just feel.
Alicia's first model is amazing. She gets the feel of the garment and
really expresses that in her walk. Great attitude in her face. I love
the way she threw the sunglasses down from her face. BAM! Her second
model did a good job of it too but didn't make it look natural. I was
really blown away by Alicia's talent. Amazing fit!!
Elena's first dress fits very poorly and her model didn't look to be
in super great shape in it. Not flattering. Also, what the hell were
those bangs??? Over styling ruins this look. Second piece is great.
Hate the bangs again.
Buffi was a big surprise!! The model had fun in it and I can tell she
likes it herself. Well done model and designer! Second model also was
amazing! WOW. Pat Field is going to like Buffi!!!
Dmitry's first girl seems pissed off. And not in a good way. Great
hair, makeup and dress. Fits impeccably. Second girl needs to know how
to look at a camera. Looks like she's about to go to sleep. Bored
model, bored Nina. Zzzzzzz.
Kooan the Koala's model went a little too slow. It's like he told
her.. make my bright crazy outfit seem boring by barely moving. The
second model looked like she wanted to roll her eyes at that crazy
s**t she was wearing. I could just imagine her saying to her friends
backstage.. "Look at MY hair! WTF is this!?"
Gunnar's first model... AMAZING. She feels comfortable and confident
up there and isn't TOO showy. Just the right balance. Second model as
well.. AMAZING again! She removed her jacket so easily it looked like
no thought went into it at all. He got a great team of girls! Also, I
like his garments.
Nathan's first model looks a little new. Great job though! She's going
to grow through this process, I can feel it. She looks beautiful in
that color! His second model is pretty good and these dresses are
INCREDIBLE!!!
Sonjia's first girl was cute on the runway. Not quite fierce.. just
cute. I don't know how else to explain her. It made sense for a trendy
bright pant and jacket. I wouldn't put her in the evening gowns just
yet. Her second model was ok. Nice pose at the end.
Melissa's first model is beautiful but not in fantastic shape. I like
the second model because she had a more severe look that went with her
ensemble.
Raul. Those bangs are already bad on you. Why make your models
suffer? I know it's clip on hair but come on. Not. Cute. His first
model looked like she wanted to wear something else. Anything else.
The second girl, however, SOLD it!! She took a crappy rose dress and
made it shine! BRAVO second model!!
Fabio's first model looks great in his look. She makes me want to wear
it. Second model looked bored.
My choices for the final 3 are: Ven, Christopher and Melissa.
All in all? This week, the models who stood out were Buffi's and
Gunnar's. Great job marvelous models.
See you next week!!
Amanda