Friday, December 14, 2012

BPR Interview with Casanova, Continued

BPR:  This is Laura Kluvo from Blogging Project Runway and I'm on the phone with All-Star designer, Casanova.  Hi Casanova, how are you?

C:  Hello Laura.  I am just having a cup of tea.

BPR:  How was your All-Star experience different from season 8?

C:  In this cast, we respected one another.  Everyone knew who I was, I knew most of them.  So there was a very respectful environment.

BPR:  Was Season 8 more fun?  Have you stayed in touch with Gretchen or Mondo or any of the other designers from season 8?

C:  I keep in touch with most of them.  Andy, at least once a week.  April, Peach, Andy, Sarah, Jason, of course Mondo, when he is in town.  I have visited him in Denver.

BPR:  What did you do to prepare for the All-Star competition?

C:  I did no particular training.  The thing that made me more ready is that after I finished season 8, I watched season 9 - I hadn't watched the show before season 8 - so I finally understood that it was not about couture.

BPR:  Did you watch the episode last night?

C:  Yes.  I watched it this morning.  I know a lot of people are disappointed that I was eliminated.  I feel like by leaving early, the fans really love me.

If I deserve to go home, no one cares.  

This way, I go home, but there are many fans who really care about me.  Every time I go out, about every five blocks someone says "I love you!"

BPR:  It looked like the Seaport was deserted when you were receiving the challenge.  What time of day was it?

C:  It was empty...I don't remember...

BPR:  And then the Christmas store was also deserted.  Did you go straight to the store?

C:  To be honest, I don't really remember.  I just realized it right now.

BPR:  Did you know Emilio before appearing on All-Stars?

C:  I had heard of him because during his season, so many people in every corner of Puerto Rico, people were telling me "Oh my gosh, Casanova, do you know Emilio, he is Dominican on Project Runway."  Everyone in Puerto Rico loved Emilio and a Dominican is like a brother to a Puerto Rican.  So I watched him on Youtube.

I was very happy to meet him.  We were very close.  He was my roommate and he was so nice.  We spoke the whole night in Spanish.  He took care of me when I was sick. I was close to the designers in my season, but it was not the same as being able to speak with Emilio in my own language.

BPR:  Are you still working with Ivy?

C:  No.  Before All Stars we were working on her collection and we finished.  If she needs help for her next collection I hope she will call me.

BPR:  What else are you working on?

C:  I am building again my e-commerce.  I am not exactly making a collection, but I am creating designs inspired by the All-Star challenges.  So I am doing pieces related to every challenge.  Except for the graffiti challenge.

BPR:  I have a reader question from Sue Ellen, she says you are very handsome and she wonders if you have ever been a model.

C:  A model?  I am 36!  Maybe a mature model.

BPR:  Ken wants to know how you stayed so calm and focused during the competition.

C:  He thinks I was focused?  There is no way to explain it.  When I entered the competition, I just wanted to enjoy it.  I did not want to feel the stress.  When I was eliminated, I did not feel frustrated.  I just wanted to enjoy the process.  Being eliminated is not the end of the world.  I have a wonderful life. So many fans are loving me and asking for autographs.  For me it was more than amazing.

BPR:  Which was your favorite challenge?

C:  I enjoyed all of them except for the unconventional.  I liked the first one because it was a group challenge and I like working in a group.  I also really liked the twitter challenge.  I liked getting feedback from the client and I have kept in touch with the person which is something amazing.

BPR:  Casanova, we are almost out of time, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?

C:  Please keep voting for me in fan favorite!

BPR:  Thank you Casanova!

C:  Thank you!