BPR: This is Laura Kluvo from Blogging Project Runway and I'm on the phone with All-Star designer Laura Kathleen Planck. Hi Laura!
LKP: Hey Laura!
BPR: Our readers are strongly disagreeing with your elimination.
LKP: I have been getting overwhelming support. I really appreciate it.
BPR: I was very happy to see you in the cast of All-Stars.
LKP: People ask, "Why did you decide to go back, it seems so stressful?" But honestly I am a designer. I love what I do and this is such a great opportunity to show the world what I do.
BPR: Have you been watching this season?
LKP: Honestly I have not been able to watch the show live, because we seem to be busy on Thursday nights. We record and watch it the next day. It has been a lot of fun to watch with my fiancé. I was not with him during season nine so this is much better.
BPR: I was going to ask about your engagement! Have you set a date?
LKP: Yes, April 6th.
BPR: Are you designing your own gown?
LKP: It is actually my grandmother's wedding gown from the 40's. It is being reworked by my sample room. I am designing the bridesmaid's gowns though.
BPR: What is your color scheme?
LKP: We are getting married at "The Fabulous Fox Theater" in St. Louis. It's a mixture of Byzantine and Persian architecture. If you can imagine every crazy jewel tone and gold and stained glass thrown together, that's what it's like. There is so much going on at the venue, that the wedding is pretty neutral. My bridesmaids are wearing white and my gown is candlelight.
BPR: So you are still living in St. Louis?
LKP: Yes.
BPR: Was there anything that surprised you as you watched this season?
LKP: Yes. I wasn't exactly thrilled with the editing. There were clips of me saying that my things were expensive, and I was actually talking about my collection. I am trying to reduce my price points. It might have seemed like I was talking about the outfit that I was wearing that actually cost probably $100 including the shoes.
Also, I knew that Kayne was talking about me, but when I watched it, it really hurt me. It's fine if someone doesn't like my designs, but personal attacks are not necessary.
BPR: The dress that you were wearing on the runway last night, did you just happen to pack that?
LKP: Yes. Joshua McKinley saw my clothing rack and asked if they were my clothes or if maybe he didn't step into a drag queen's dressing room. He was teasing me about all of the clothes and hair and everything that I brought.
That dress is actually vintage. I love it.
BPR: Did you design the clothes that you wore on the set?
LKP: Yes. I brought a lot of my new stuff. I wore a yellow dress in the first runway show, a skirt, the palazzo pants, the jewelry - even the fine jewelry is my design. I work with a local jeweler producing a line of fine jewelry.
BPR: Who is your best friend from the All-Star cast?
LKP: Definitely Althea Harper. You didn't see it too much on the show, but she has been extremely helpful to me in my business. She has shared resources and her advice has been invaluable. She is very generous.
BPR: Which was your favorite challenge?
LKP: The DvF challenge. Of course I won that one and it was very exciting. I also would say that it is kind of ironic because I am not specifically a "green" designer although I respect them very much.
BPR: If you could go back, is there anything that you would do differently?
LKP: I was aware that Kayne was talking behind my back, and it did hurt me. I didn't understand why he did it. If I could go back, I wouldn't let it affect me.
BPR: I have a reader question from Mian. Besides black, what is your favorite color?
LKP: I teach fashion design at an inner city school and my students are always asking, "Miss Laura, do you every wear anything besides black?" If I have to choose another color, I would say....gold.
BPR: We barely know the models. What is your model's name? What can you tell us about her?
LKP: Kiana is my model's name and I was thrilled to work with her. She was a dream. She is tall and thin but she also has curves so she really filled out the clothes perfectly. She never complained. She is very professional. I keep in touch with her and also with my season 9 model, Meghan. In fact, Meghan is one of my bridesmaids.
BPR: Laura Kathleen, we are almost out of time, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?
LKP: Thank you so much for the support. Also, please think before you tweet. Positive things are so much better than negative.
BPR: Thank you Laura Kathleen.
LKP: Thank you Laura.