Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Breakfast With Tim Gunn, Continued


BPR:  Tim, how is your role of "producer" different from what you always did as the "mentor?"

TG:  Honestly?  It really is no different...but have you noticed that I am now credited as "co-host?"

BPR:  no....errrr....  (gasp of realization) Wait.  Does this mean that your name might be submitted to the Emmy Award Committee in the "Outstanding Host for a Reality Show" category?

TG:  We'll see...

BPR:  Have you been watching Project Runway All Stars?

TG:  I have never ever seen even a single episode.  I have no desire to watch.  It pains me not to be with the designers.

BPR:  How many more seasons of Project Runway are you committed to?

TG:  Contractually?  None, but I have cleared my calendar for the auditions.  I have not been able to do them for the past few seasons, because I just didn't have enough notice.

BPR:  Are you working on a new book?

TG:  No, but I have a few ideas.  You will be the first to know.

BPR:  Thanks, Tim.  Will you be doing Red Carpet commentary for any of the award shows this seasons.

TG:  No.  The entire GMA team is covering the Oscars this season.

BPR:  Which is your favorite season of Project Runway?

TG:  Eleven.  There is much more ahead!

BPR:  Which is your favorite challenge this season?

TG:  I can't remember!

BPR:  How do you like Zac Posen as a judge?

TG:  He is like a breath of fresh air!  I have known him for ages of course - since Parsons.

BPR:  So far, I am loving his suits!

TG:  You know he designs them himself.

BPR:  No, I didn't realize... !! Will you ever return to the classroom?

TG:  Yes, I believe so.  I hope so, I would like to.

BPR:  Will you being doing a tour for Fifth & Pacific, where fans will have the opportunity to meet you?

TG:  No.  Nothing is planned.  I don't think we are doing these any more.  I miss it.

BPR:  Besides Project Runway, what other shows do you watch?

TG:  I like comedies.  The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Whitney...

BPR:  Which Talk Show host is the most fun?

TG:  Jimmy Fallon and Craig Ferguson.

BPR:  Tim, tell us about your first kiss...

TG:  I was six.  It was Sally Harris.  We were hanging upside-down on the jungle gym.  Afterward we fell off in a fit of giggles.

BPR:  Awwww... Thanks Tim!

TG:  Thank you Laura and BPR.

Click here to comment.