Friday, March 22, 2013

BPR Interview with Samantha Black - continued



BPR:  This is Laura Kluvo from Blogging Project Runway and I'm on the phone with Samantha Black - Hi Sammy!

SB:  Hi Laura!


BPR:  Congratulations on your strong showing in season 11!


SB:  Thank you.


BPR:  Are you familiar with Blogging Project Runway?


SB:  Yes I am.


BPR:  Our readers disagreed with your elimination.


SB:  Oh that is so sweet - I also disagreed!


BPR:  Did you watch the episode last night?


SB:  Yes I did.  It was hard.  We don't get to see the judges' deliberation, so that was interesting...


BPR:  If you could go back, is there anything that you would change about your design?


SB:  Yes, I would not go the junior route.  It was not what the challenge was asking for.  In my mind I just wanted to stand out and do something different.  If I could go back, I would try to give them exactly what they wanted.


BPR:  Did you agree with the judges on the winning design?


SB:  I thought it was really cute!


BPR:  Did your teammates help or hurt you in any way in this challenge?


SB:  Ummmm... I won't say that they hurt me, but I wish they were a little more honest.  I think that I was determined and they didn't want to discourage me.  When I saw how Stanley helped Patricia to refine her design and send her in a better direction I wish someone could have done that for me.  


BPR:  Although you were eliminated, you still got to show at Fashion Week.  Tell us about your collection.  I am guessing that yours is collection #3...


Lifetime Rep:  "Can't say which collection is hers...."


BPR:  ......


SB:  Okay, well I will say that I just wanted to be funky me.


BPR:  Errr...What was the inspiration for the collection?


SB:  I didn't really work with a specific inspiration.  I like to work with the season, the fabrications that I like and specific details.  So for this collection I wanted to work with leather, a small print, a certain line, braiding, fringe, mesh - things like that.  I tried to appear cohesive and present something that was me.


BPR:  What are you working on now?


SB:  I am working on samples for "Project Las Vegas."  It is a buyer's market twice a year in Vegas.  The buyers attend and place orders right then and there.  For me, I did Project Runway and that has been great exposure, now I have to capitalize on that and make the sales.


BPR:  Are you a full-time designer?


SB:  Yes I am.  It is very hard.


BPR:  Besides fashion, what do you like to do in your spare time?


SB:  I love spending time with my friends and family.  I love dancing.  I love the beach.  In the winter I am inside sewing so when the weather is nice, I want to be outside.  I want to be at a parade or a party!


BPR:  Who is your best friend from the cast?


SB:  Layana, Mat, Benjamin, Tu...  


BPR:  Samantha, we are almost out of time, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?


SB:  I want to say thank you very much to all of the people who have supported me.  Please stay tuned to see what is to come.


BPR:  Thank you Samantha.


SB:  Thank you Laura.