BPR: This is Laura Kluvo from Blogging Project Runway and I'm on the phone with season 11 designer, Richard Hallmarq. Hi Richard!
RH: Hi!
BPR: Congratulations on your strong showing in season 11.
RH: Thank you so much.
BPR: Did you watch the episode last night?
RH: I have watched all of them so far.
BPR: Did you agree that Stanley should have won the challenge?
RH: He did a great job. Well deserved.
BPR: Is there anything that we didn't see that you would like to share with our readers?
RH: No. I mean there are things that were not shown, but I think everyone saw the important things It was a great learning experience.
BPR: When Tim asked if you were stalling in order to sabotage Patricia, it seemed that you were truly caught off guard. Did that enter your mind at all?
RH: No. I didn't know what he was talking about. I was mortified. I was over there drowning in my own creativity. That was not my intention at all. I was all about playing fair. I said that.
BPR: Do you work exclusively with knits?
RH: Yes. I work with knits 99% of the time.
BPR: If you could go back, is there anything that you would have done differently?
RH: Yes. I would have chosen the knit fabric. I don't know why I felt I had to "step out of my box" and try something different.
BPR: I have a reader question from Amy: How would your designs have been different if you were working as an independent designer, rather than on teams?
RH: Most of us would say that it takes a lot of creative energy to work on a team. You have to constantly be aware of what the other members of your team are doing and sort of monitor the team's progress to be sure that everything is cohesive. It was hard but it was a great learning experience.
BPR: Who was your best friend from the cast?
RH: Daniel and James.
BPR: Even though you were eliminated, you still got to show at Fashion Week - that must have been thrilling!
RH: Yes it was!
BPR: Tell us about the inspiration for your collection.
RH: The collection is titled "New Jersey." It was very dark. I used a lot of leather and I love Grace Jones and her style. I wanted to be kind of eccentric but still wearable. You could wear it right off the runway. I think I did well.
BPR: Which is your favorite piece?
RH: The opening look.
BPR: Besides fashion, what do you like to do in your spare time?
RH: I'm a huge music connoisseur, and I spend a lot of time with my friends. I love the outdoors. Right now we are planning a trip to Yosemite.
BPR: What are you working on now?
RH: I'm working on a new collection, getting the marketing together and everything so that it is ready to go. It will fashion forward and of course ready-to-wear.
BPR: Richard, we are almost out of time, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?
RH: I just want to say thank you very much to everyone for sharing this beautiful journey with me. It has been life-changing for me. Every day I am humbled and thankful for this opportunity.
BPR: Thank you!
RH: Thank you. I appreciate your time.
