BPR: This is Laura Kluvo from Blogging Project Runway and I'm on the phone with season 12 designer Kahindo Mateene. Hi Kahindo.
KM: Hi Laura. How are you?
BPR: Great, thank you. Congratulations on making the cast of season 12.
KM: Thank you very much.
BPR: Our readers strongly disagree with your elimination.
KM: Thank you. I appreciate that.
BPR: Did you watch the episode last night?
KM: Yes I did.
BPR: Was there anything that surprised you as you watched?
KM: No. It was pretty much the way that I remember. No real surprises.
BPR: Did you agree that Kate had the winning design?
KM: Her design was beautiful, but I think there were others that were equally as good.
BPR: You are very diplomatic.
KM: Always.
BPR: I feel like we barely had the chance to know you. What would you like us to know about you that we didn't see this season?
KM: I really did not have the opportunity to show my strengths as a designer. I hope your readers will look up my website and see the beautiful designs that I create. I love using bold colors and bright prints. I do beautiful work - a lot of detail work. I match up the prints to really flatter a woman's curves. Unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to really show this.
BPR: You used green tulle to mitigate the strength of your print. Do you think that was a good idea?
KM: The green tulle was originally supposed to be used at the bottom of the dress. After talking to Tim, I made the change. Of course I know now that the judges hated the print, which I don't understand, so even if I stuck with my original design, it probably wouldn't have helped.
BPR: What are you working on now?
KM: I am working on my seventh collection which is for Spring/Summer 2014 which I will be showing in New York in September. I also have just launched my online store. I am also working on a Kickstarter program which will be helping to provide jobs to women in Congo.
BPR: Kahindo, we are almost out of time, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?
KM: Keep watching. I have a lot of exciting things going on. I really want everyone to know who I am as a designer. Please check out my website.
BPR: Thank you Kahindo.
KM: Thank you. Laura.