BPR: This is Laura Kluvo from Blogging Project Runway and I'm on the phone with season 13 finalist, Amanda Valentine. Hi Amanda!
AV: Hello! How are you?
BPR: Amanda, we have a poll going and right now our readers are saying that they believe you should have won.
AV: Oh wow!
BPR: What was the best thing about competing this season?
AV: I was finally feeling confident. That was the theme of the whole season. I was designing from a place of ease that was really comfortable. It was really fun. I let myself enjoy it, which was really nice.
BPR: I loved your collection. Which was your favorite look?
AV: That's really hard... I really liked the first look - I want to wear that all day every day. I also really like the last two maxi dresses. If I have to choose one, I would go with my finale look.
BPR: Your model is adorable!
AV: Nikola - I adore her. She became like a little sister to me.
BPR: Did you have those designs already in your head, or did you invent them after you returned home?
AV: You know - I invented them - but the collection was inspired by my episode 12 "street chic" look.
BPR: Is your jewelry available to purchase?
AV: Yes! We are actually working on that right now. It may go online this week - please stay tuned.
BPR: Does your collection have a name?
AV: My collection is called "70's Art-Deco Cult Leader." I was a little cheeky with it. We've been playing around with ideas for the jewelry and I think it might be "Heavy Metal."
BPR: Do you think you had an advantage, as a returning designer?
AV: I totally do. It would be silly for me to say that there isn't an advantage. The biggest advantage is that I could sort of relax and just focus on my designs. There is so much going on all around us. In the workroom there are four cameras and sound men and all sorts of things that can be very distracting. It's a huge operation. When you are experiencing that for the first time, it can be overwhelming.
BPR: What advice would you offer to future contestants?
AV: I would say that I wanted everything I made to have my signature. I recognize my strengths and weaknesses are. I'm not Kini. I'm not Sean. I would say that my thing is my vibe. I So I tried to keep my vibe going through every look. I know my girl.
BPR: It did not escape us that you were the designer (even in your previous season) who used fringe.
AV: After I won twice with fringe, I said to myself, "Okay that's enough." I had to mourn the fringe. It was a little difficult because for the past few seasons, I have featured fringe in my collections. I'm mourning the loss but it's time to move on.
BPR: Who is your best friend from the cast?
AV: I would have to say Sean. We became very close. I trust him. I trust his opinion. I ask his advice. He has a killer taste level. He is wise beyond his years. Sean and Kini and I all became very close.
BPR: If you could go back, is there anything that you would do differently?
AV: I probably would have handled the whole "phonygate" differently. At that point I was getting homesick and tired and stressed. I just took it so personally. I realize now that the entire episode probably didn't have a lot to do with me.
BPR: Honestly I had forgotten all about it.
BPR: What are you working on now?
AV: I am scrambling to keep my online store stocked, which is awesome. The easiest things for me to put together are the screen-print items - and then the jewelry - and then I will present my spring line.
BPR: Amanda, we are almost out of time, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?
AV: I want to say that I have been trying very hard to respond to every one and it just isn't possible to respond to every message but I read every one and I tear up and I truly feel the love. It's feels great!
BPR: Thank you!
AV: Thank you!