Friday, November 07, 2014

BPR Interview with Alexandria von Bromssen, Continued

BPR:  This is Laura Kluvo from Blogging Project Runway and I'm on the phone with All-Star designer, Alexandria von Bromssen.  Hi Alexandria!


AB: Hi.  How are you?


BPR:  Congratulations on becoming an All-Star!


AB:   Thank you!


BPR:  I was delighted to see you in the cast, and heartbroken to see you leave.


AB:  Thank you, but it was okay.  I'm okay.  


BPR:  If you could go back, would you do anything differently?


AB:  Yes, I would have agreed to do the show a little sooner.  The producers called many times to ask me to do the show.  Even when I was in Paris, they called me every day.  I was visiting one of my students in Paris - she is on a three-year scholarship studying fashion in Paris.  She asked me if I would wear her scarf on the show and honestly that was the tipping point.  I finally agreed to do the show, and you can see her scarf in the opening montage.


I wanted to design with fabrics, not with plastic and metal and these unconventional materials.  This just wasn't for me.  


BPR:  Who is your best friend from the cast?


AB:  I tried to befriend everyone, but definitely Gunnar is the one I loved the most from the cast.


BPR:  After your elimination, as you waited out the remainder of the filming, how did you spend your time?  


AB:  I sewed.  I walked home after my elimination and immediately began work on my collection.  I set up a full studio in my apartment.  I created a men's collection, a women's collection and an accessory collection.  I made handbags, I made it all.


BPR:  Did Camp Couture continue while you were in New York?


AB:  Yes, it did.  This is the second summer that I have been away - I have excellent assistants.


BPR:  What are you working on now?


AB:  I still have my store.  I am ready to launch my on-line store.  My line is called "Out of Context."  It is very cool.  I am proud of it.  I am also preparing for my show, LoveSick in February.


BPR:  What other designers will be showing at LoveSick?  


AB:  I am still confirming but I hope to have Emily Payne, Gunnar Deatherage, and Bert Keeter.  Please stay tuned.  


BPR:  Alexandria, we are almost out of time, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?


AB:  I want to say that I am sorry that I disappointed my fans...OH!  We are creating "UgliDolls" of all of the cast members in Camp Couture.  They are really clever.  




BPR:  We would love to see them!  Please send a photo...And we could post the new dolls each week...

AB:  Also, I want to say that I am a designer, and not a "personality."  I believe my work speaks for itself.

BPR:  Thank you Alexandria!

AB:  Thank you!