Friday, December 12, 2014

BPR Interview with Gunnar Deatherage, Continued

BPR:  This is Laura Kluvo from Blogging Project Runway and I'm on the phone with Gunnar Deatherage.  Hi Gunnar!

GD:  Hi Laura!

BPR:  Our readers strongly disagree with your elimination.

GD:  That's so sweet!

BPR:  Did you watch the episode last night?

GD:  I did.  I watched it.

BPR:  Was there anything that happened during the challenge that we did not see and you wish we had?

GD:  I really think it was cut very well.  There is so much that happens in the workroom.   I think they did a great job of hitting all of the highlights. 

BPR:  Were you familiar with the guest judge, Michael Bastian?

GD:  I had heard of him, but I was not totally familiar with his work.

BPR:  You have been a lot of fun to watch this season.  What did you do to prepare for the show?

GD:  I went shopping, and that was about it.  I haven't sewn in about two years.  I took a full-time job as the creative director and fashion editor of a magazine in Louisville.  It's more about styling.  Honestly on the show, I just tried to be myself. 

BPR:  Please tell us more about the magazine.

GD:  It's an Arts & Philanthropy magazine called NFocus Louisville, so, every month I do covers and fashion spreads.  It allows me to do creative shoots all the time.  As much as I love designing, I really love photo shoots.  I create the sets, choose the models, the styling, the accessories.  I love it. 

BPR:  Who is your best friend from the cast?

GD:  Definitely Michelle.  I actually think I am going to shoot her lookbook later this month. 

BPR:  Which was your favorite challenge?

GD:  Obviously it has to be the London challenge.  I mean a free trip overseas!

BPR:  After your elimination, while you sequestered, what did you do?

GD:  I sewed a line I had started before I left New York.  I actually posted it on my website last night. 

I also did the touristy things.  I also went to the Karen Walker exhibit in Brooklyn, the Sugar exhibit.  I tried to get the most out of the New York experience. 

BPR:  Any plans to move to New York?

GD:  I don't.  I love New York, but I don't want to live there. 

BPR:  What are you working on now?

GD:  I'm working on my next spring line.  I'm actually doing a lot of styling.  I am shooting about five lookbooks.  I also may be doing some work for Chi, because I am a hairstylist as well.  There are a lot of cool partnerships coming up. 

BPR:  Gunnar, we are almost out of time, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?

GD:  I just really appreciate the constant support.  I feel like everyone has gotten to know me a little better this season.  It's been fun!

BPR:  Thank you Gunnar!

GD:  Thank you Laura!