The
show began with a pink-suited man wearing a helmet and a signature
Malan Breton scarf. The lights were dim and it was made to look like he
was "rising, and looking to the beginning of light and love" Malan said,
when I asked him what that meant he said that the show is based on
honoring the old but remembering the new, "it's about what's next and
translating that through the clothing."
Malan's
talent for menswear is really quite unique. He has a tactful and
stylish way of reinventing the suit a hundred different ways, and let's be
honest it is very hard to recreate and create interest in what is most
of the time a pretty standard style. By creating garments that honor a
range of options, the Menswear in particular really stuck out as being
spectacular. The suits were extravagant and every man in
the room could have found something perfect.
Shoe designer Caterina Belluardo
(in picture) has created and showcased today some of the coolest shoes
I've ever seen.
At
the end of the runway show one of the most notable photographers opened
a bottle of Moet Rose, in honor of the event, They toasted to the room.
It was a beautiful moment the whole crowd got to enjoy together. After
the show, I told him "Congratulations-this is huge. Enjoy every second."
and his response: "I'm trying not to cry."
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)