Tuesday, September 15, 2015

BPR Interview with Blake Patterson, Continued

BPR:  This is Laura Kluvo from Blogging Project Runway and I'm on the phone with Season 14 designer, Blake Patterson.  Hi Blake!

BP:  Hi!

BPR:  You were a strong competitor and very fun to watch!

BP:  Thank you.

 BPR:  Which was your favorite challenge?

BP:  The Mary Kay make-up challenge- the blue dress.  

BPR:  I have a reader question from Sue:  "Your winning design in episode 4 was much different from your original sketch.  Please describe your process."

BP:  I sketch out the vision and the concept that I want and then as I work with the fabric, I make changes and adjustments as I go.  The final result may not be exactly like the sketch but it always turns out like I want. 

BPR:  You were very strong with the "Greece" design, and then the winning blue dress and then the "Boys plus Merline" team challenge.  We were surprised to see you eliminated.  Were you also surprised?

BP:  I was, because I felt like my time was cut short and I had so much more to show in the competition. 

BPR:  Have you been watching all of the episodes?

BP:  Yes of course!

BPR:  If you could go back, is there anything you would do differently?

BP:  The lingerie challenge.  Definitely.

BPR:  Who is your best friend from the cast?

BP:  I'm friends with everyone.  I'm seeing Ashley in a little bit and David of course - we are both in LA. 

BPR:  I have a reader question from Mark:  "Why didn't you choose Ashley in the team challenge?"  Why didn't ANYONE choose Ashley?

BP:  What was going through my mind was the previous challenge where Swapnil was up on the runway with me at the end.  He really encouraged me to continue with my idea for the Mary Kay challenge.  I mean of course I wanted Ashley on my team!  I thought everyone would pick her!  I was surprised at the end when Merline was chosen over Ashley.  I was completely dumbfounded. 

BPR:  Have you watched the previous seasons of the show?

BP:  Yes.  Most of them. 

BPR:  So you knew what to expect.....

BP:  Yes, of course. 

BPR:  I have a reader question from Patrick:  "Did the lack of fabric selection hinder your creativity in any way?"

BP:  Well...yes and no.  I mean obviously it is easier to be able to shop for your own fabric.  I love Mood and I shop there all the time in LA.  But all of us were on an even playing field.  I just tried to make it work.  

BPR:  I have a reader question from Kenneth:  "Were you hoping for a Tim Gunn save?  Did it cross your mind?"
BP:  Yes, it did cross my mind, but at the time there were so many things going through my head...I was hoping that he would think enough of me as a designer to be worth the save...

BPR:  What are you working on now?

BP:  I am working on a new collection and I have several private clients.  I am working on some custom pieces. 

BPR:  Are you a full-time designer, or do you have a day-job?

BP:  I am a full-time designer. 

BPR:  Where can we see your designs, do you have a website? 

BP:  Yes, it's Blakemorriscollection.com

BPR:  Blake, we are almost out of time, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?

BP:  Hopefully they will see more from me in the future.  It's hard to create something in such a short amount of time.  I am very happy with my experience on the show. 

BPR:  Thank you!

BP:  Thank you!