Friday, September 18, 2015

BPR Interview with Joseph Charles Poli

BPR:  This is Laura Kluvo with Blogging Project Runway and I'm on the phone with season 14 designer, Joseph Charles Poli.  Hi Joe!

JCP:  Hi!

BPR:  Congratulations on your very strong showing in season 14!

JCP:  Thank you!

BPR:  Who is your best friend from the cast?

JCP:  Definitely Jake Wall.  We will be friends for life.  

BPR:  Our readers are curious about Jake and his dog, Chance.  Did he have the opportunity to get home to be with Chance?

JCP:  Yes he did.  He got to go home and be with his dog before he passed.  

BPR:  That was really heartbreaking...

JCP:  I know.  We all knew what he was going through that morning and it was hard to see Jake leave before his time, but he did the right thing and we all supported his decision.

BPR:  Thank you....That's great to hear.  Did you watch the episode last night?

JCP:  Yes.  I did.

BPR:  If you could go back, is there anything that you would do differently?

JCP:   I think I would have played with the materials in a different manner.  I was stuck on the one idea and I followed through on it, I would try something different if I had another chance. 

BPR:  Is this the first time you have tried out for the show?

JCP:  Yes.  

BPR:  Did you watch the previous seasons?

JCP:  I have watched probably eleven seasons.

BPR:  How was your experience different from what you expected?

JCP:  I didn't really have any expectations.  I was open-minded and just lived the experience.   I was super-happy with everything. 

BPR:  I have a reader question from Patrick:  "Did the limited nature of material selection provided throughout most of the challenges inhibit your ability to fully show your design aesthetic?"

JCP:  Yes.  Absolutely. The only time we went to Mood and were able to select our own fabric was in episode 4, the "Mary Kay" challenge.  I was "safe" for this challenge but my design was well-reviewed and truly represents my aesthetic. 



BPR:  Which was your favorite challenge?

JCP:  Definitely the group challenge.  It was fun to work as a team.  It was truly a group challenge and I think we really knocked it out of the park. 

BPR:  Do you have a favorite in the finale?

JCP:  Well.... I do...  They were all wonderful and I am very proud of all of the designers.  I think you will be surprised....

BPR:  What are you working on now?

JCP:  I am back working full time at Louis Vuitton in Vegas and I am working on some new projects.

BPR:  Where can we see your designs?

JCP:  Check out my website.  My new collection is almost finished and photographed and should be posted on the site in early October.

BPR:  Joseph, we are almost out of time, is there anything that you would like to say to your fans?

JCP:  Thank you to everyone for all of their amazing support.  I am happy and blessed and I feel really good about what I achieved on the show.  

BPR:  Thank you Joe.

JCP:  Thank you!