Tuesday, May 03, 2016

BPR Interview with Ken Laurence, Continued

BPR:  This is Laura Kluvo from Blogging Project Runway and I'm on the phone with Season 5 All-Star, Ken Laurence.  Hi Ken!

KL:  Hi Laura.

BPR:  Congratulations an making it to the finale!

KL:  Thank you!

BPR:  Have you been thinking about your finale collection since season 12, and have some ideas already, or did you come up with it in the four days that you had to create it?

KL:   Everything that you will see in the finale I came up with in the four days.

BPR:  Did you feel like an underdog at the start?

KL:  No, not at all.  I won two challenges, and I was frequently in the top.  I did not feel like an underdog at all.

BPR:  What have you been working on since we last saw you in season 12?

KL:  I have taken the time to refocus and to rebrand my business.  I have tuned in to and perfected my aesthetic. 

BPR:  Are you a full-time designer?

KL:  Yes I am.

BPR:  Still in Atlanta?

KL:  I have been here for five months. 

BPR:   Have you remained in touch with any of your fellow all-stars?

KL:  Yes.  I talk to Kini and Alexander, Dom and Asha probably about five times a day.

BPR:  Which was your favorite challenge?

KL:  I would say the avant garde challenge.  

BPR:  Your avant garde design was stunning....Did you all switch models for each challenge?  How did that work?

KL:  Yes.  It was always off-camera.  There was a stack of photos of the models and we just pulled one from the stack.  That was the model that we got for the challenge.  

BPR:  Switching models didn't fool the judges or the audience though.  We could definitely identify your designs.  

KL:   Thank you.  That is the goal.  To have a strong identifiable aesthetic.

BPR:  Ken, we are looking forward to the finale and we wish you the best.  Is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?

KL:  Yes.  I want to thank all of the people who have been supporting me - not just during the All-Stars season but since season 12.  Thank you to everyone.

BPR:  Thank you Ken.

KL:  Thank you!