Saturday, July 22, 2006

Malan Poetry Continued

Dear Blogging Project Runway,

I so thoroughly enjoyed your creativity and after reviewing the brilliant poems, haiku, etc, I am pleased to announce my favourites. I like the visuals of me sipping champagne, references to me in a thong, SEXY! But a martini and a bright orange flower Speedo spell pure S-T-Y-L-E to me, LOL!!! (not really)

for wit and humour:

"Malan Breton
Hails from Taiwan
Like a song
He gets along
With the throng
As long as....
They don't make him wear a thong!
(Corny, I know!)
Carry on."

katiecoo


Could you imagine me in a thong? LOL!!! Like I said, only if I were drinking champagne and lots of it, LOL!!!

Next:
"A Study in Malan-choly

Our dearest dandy,
Straight out of a film by Busby Berkeley,
Is New York's Malan Breton,
Born in Taipei, Taiwan.

Emulator of Bond,
(Of his accent? Very fond!)
He shines out with talents, where the others recede,
With well-tailored suits, and making jackets of tweed.

'Til one day a challenge, oh, the tribulations to endure!
The Queen was there waiting, wanting pageant couture.

With the snow princess was he coupled,
But there the tension more than doubled.
Was it then, this design, this frock swirled out of the fog?
Inspired by maple, oak, or pine, the bustier? Looked a log.

Yet still, this not-so verdant beauty,
Was carried on with grace and expert duty,
While the other contestants, not always quite so.
Perhaps it was someone else who should have endured the snow?

Then, the judges, looking weary with other horrific defeats,
Stirred awake from once all-knowing, secure in their seats,
When Malan, Malan, held so high in esteem,
Sacrificed his noble self for the sake of his team.

And so was the end of his career in reality TV,
With echoes in Ragtime, "Crime of the Century!"
Yet it is still two-thousand six, a fact we all know.
And we still have dozens of seasons, or at least ninety-four years to go.

Millions of chances for Mr. Breton,
A name that will one day encompass that Louis Vuitton.
An elegant performer, designer, of '30s charmeuse and chic,
Let this always be the shortest ever recorded Breton Losing Streak."
Faith


This poem captures my essence and "RAGTIME" if you ever saw it on Broadway was brilliant, my favourite Hollywood designer, Adrian worked with Busby Berkley consistently in the movies. There was a movie called "The Great Zeigfeld" that Adrian created 2,000 beaded costumes for only one musical number, in one week, brilliant! he also designed all the costumes for "The Wizard of Oz" and the Bond movies are brilliant.

Lastly here is a poem that is so simple but so perfect:

"Fashion designer Malan
Born in tropic Taiwan
Has glossy black hair
That's quite debonair--
What else would a style star don?"


goodwitch

I love that you think of me as a style star, I am so honoured.

Thank you. They were all brilliantly written, this was really difficult, you should all be proud of your talents, I will save all of these and cherish them forever. Thank you!



Congratulations to Katiecoo, Faith and Goodwitch! And thanks again to Malan - a true gentleman and a friend.