Sunday, February 18, 2007

Malan Breton at the Bailey House Event

Dear BPR,

Happy Chinese New Year!!!

I just wanted you to know, the Bailey House event was amazing, and Tim is so humble.

People were so eager to bid on him! The buzz around the room was his auction.

Its really wonderful that with all of his fame he is still so humble and kind.
I met so may people from the other shows on Bravo there including the beautiful Margaret Russell from Top Design, Ilan from Top Chef who is so sweet, and has a lovely girlfriend. I also met Josie from Top Chef who was so kind and told us (Kara and I) she was opening a new restaurant in Long Island City, where I once lived. She too was with her beautiful life partner. Kara Janx was there with her new husband as well.

It was also lovely seeing Jonathan Adler and Simon Doonan, I once worked with him at Barney's. He is one of the most inventive and brilliant men I have ever met.

It was a lovely night there was so much artwork and there was a brilliant Maplethorpe they had in the live auction that went for 15,000.00 and an amazing tour of Italy I think that went for 9,000.00. There were also two men who outright gave ten thousand dollars each. So many people gave so generously, it was amazing.

The Anderson Cooper auction was Shocking and Fabulous! It was a bit of a fight for the opportunity, which is well deserved. I met him one summer many years ago and he is truly a wonderful person, not to mention genius. It was a wonderful event I hope to donate next season for their silent auction.

Tim was so generous to give of his time and of himself for such a brilliant cause, it is so nice to know there are still people like him in the world.

Love,
malan