I do not like to talk about what the models make because it makes us look like "lesser" models, but in fact, we did not receive pay. The "payment" was exposure, publicity, and the winning model's prize - the shoot in Elle. Since we were competing, they felt that the prize should be enough. I am not in charge, but with a MODEL as part of the PRODUCTION of THE SHOW I would THINK she would be more UNDERSTANDING about PAYING for our TIME.
As I said before, this is an investment in the future of your career. I have made it work for me. You have to use this show as a tool to move yourself forward. I now receive a higher rate because I am more well known. I am also with a better agency! So - the girls who have been complaining that the show didn't pay - they have not been proactive about leveraging their appearance on Project Runway.
3. Describe a typical day on the set.
Call times for the models are usually 7-8am. We arrive and wait in a "holding" area. Then, when all the models are there and the crew is ready, they send us down for fittings. After they film that, they send us to hair and makeup. Then we get ready for the runway show. There is a LOT of waiting, as it is with any tv show. The runway show usually isn't until about 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Then the judging. That
takes an HOUR. The top three and bottom three are standing there with their model for a long long time!! Then the judges deliberate and we go have our photos taken in the outfits. I just don't want to give too much else away. Part of the fun of Project Runway is that it is all revealed as you see it.
Thanks for reading and Happy Holidays!!
<3 Amanda
P.S. DID YOU NOTICE HEIDI'S HAIR EXTENSION HANGIN' OUT OF THE BACK OF HER HEAD?
It's ok. I am all for extensions. I love them, in fact. And, I love Heidi's hair lady. She ROCKS it out. I just caught one trying to escape!! Right after the judging - she tells them they are going to have a little chat... then there it is! Flying free!
BPR thanks Amanda Fields for providing her take on "What's The Skinny?" Do you have a question for Amanda? Write to BPR with "Question for Amanda" in the subject line and we will present it to her.
Click here to comment.