Friday, January 11, 2008

BPR in LA - With Tim Gunn - Continued

Tim was gracious and wonderful as always. He greeted us warmly and we sat outside at the hotel cafe where we were the only customers. It was a gorgeous day. Tim said that he had eaten there the day before and again, his table was the only one occupied. I asked what he had and he said the Cobb salad and that it was delicious and he would have it again. So I ordered it too. Dan had fish tacos which on this menu were referred to as "mahi-mahi tacos."

I know you are thinking how lucky I am. This is my third interview with Tim this season. It's not about me though, BPRs, it's about YOU - the fans of Project Runway, and Tim is talking to all of us.

LK: Tim, will there be a season two of "Guide to Style?"

TG: I'm ready! The decision has not been made yet, but we should know by the end of the month.

LK: Will there be any changes to the format?

TG: Of course, we need to have some surprises, otherwise they will know what to expect.

LK: What has been your favorite episode of Season Four?

TG: (Long pause) Well, I'll just say that there is one episode that I am glad we did, and that is the menswear challenge. Menswear requires an entirely different skillset and anyone who would win this season should be able to survive the cut.

LK: It looked like Jillian made four pieces. Why was she overlooked?

TG: And they were all beautifully finished. I thought she should have won.

LK: And I know you liked her candy garment.... (Is Jillian his favorite?)

TG: Well, everything but the clear plastic in the center... (maybe not...)

LK: Was that for fit, or shaping?

TG: I don't know.

LK: How did you spend New Year's Eve?

TG: With my friends, Bea and Jerry.

LK: Do you miss your old place?

TG: I love the new apartment.

LK: Are you ready for the Fashion Show tonight?

TG: It's going to be fabulous. We had a meeting this morning to go over the details. Rachel Hunter didn't show up though...

(Maybe if she had, someone could have told her how to pronounce Chloe's name...)

LK: We are very excited about tomorrow night's episode. It looks like a prom challenge.... (Bear in mind that Tim never reveals anything spoilerish to me. He is very very careful about that.)

TG: This is a great episode. You will be surprised by who wins. (He was right!)

LK: And it looks like we have some drama with Christian and his client....

TG: Yes, that was one incendiary pairing. (Hee.)


By now Dan had finished his tacos and most of my salad. A few more tables had filled and somehow the temperature had dropped 20 degrees!

I had one more question for Tim though... The Scarlett is always encouraging me to use the video feature on my camera, so we went inside and Daniel held the camera for this!

Thanks Tim, for the delicious lunch and delightful visit.


Click here to comment.