Friday, July 20, 2012

BPR Interview with Beatrice Guapo - Continued

BPR:  This is Laura Kluvo from Blogging Project Runway and I'm on the phone with season 10 designer Beatirce Guapo.   Hi Beatrice.

BG:  Hi Laura.

BPR:  Our readers disagree with your elimination.

BG:  Oh - that's so sweet!  Thank you!

BPR:  Did you watch the episode last night?

BG:  Yes.

BPR:  Was there anything that surprised you?

BG:  No, not really.

BPR:  Is there anything that we didn't see that you wish we had?

BG:  I wish they had shown a little more of the interaction between the designers.  The eating and so forth, maybe that...

BPR:  Have you auditioned for the show before?

BG:  No, this was my first time.

BPR:  Congratulations on making the season 10 cast!

BG:  Thanks!

BPR:  How long have you been sewing?

BG:  I've been around sewing all my life.

BPR:  I have a reader question from Ann:  Were you given the model's measurements ahead of time?

BG:  Yes.

BPR:  When they asked you to send one of your looks ahead of time, did you suspect that you would be asked to create a companion piece?

BG:  No, I didn't.

BPR:  What did you think it would be used for?

BG:  I thought maybe we would have to a runway right at the start and there would be an elimination.

BPR:  Who is your best friend from the cast?

BG:  I really liked everybody.  Me and Kooan really joked around a lot.  He was great.  Just a ball of fun.   I also really like Dmitry.  He has a great point of view.

BPR:  Have you watched the previous seasons of the show?

BG:  I would say almost all of them.

BPR:  Did you feel like you were well-prepared for the experience?

BG:  There is nothing that can prepare you for the experience.

BPR:  Are you a full-time designer?

BG:  Yes, I am.

BPR:  Tell us about your line.

BG:  GG Collective is easy-to-wear knits, for the girl on the go.  That's my girl, she is cool, she is fun, but she wants to make it easy.

BPR:  Where can we find your designs?

BG:  We have a Facebook page and we are re-launching our website soon.

BPR:  Will you be showing a collection in September?

BG:  Yes, I show at a trade show in Vegas but I am thinking about showing at L.A. Fashion Week.

BPR:  If you could go back, is there anything that you would do differently?

BG:  Yes, I would not cut a hole in my dress.

BPR:  Beatrice, we are almost out of time, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?

BG:  Please check out GG Collective, my entire rack was from the line.  You will really like it.   We have a Facebook page and our website will be up soon.

BPR:  Thank you Beatrice.

BG:  Thank you Laura.