Friday, August 10, 2012

BPR Interview with Buffi Jashanmal - Continued



BJ:  No, it was actually a hand-me-down from one of the teachers at my school.  Some people on twitter said it was from Urban Outfitters.  There is no tag in it, so I don't actually know where it is from.

BPR:  Have you watched the previous seasons of the show?

BJ:  Yes, pretty much every episode of every season.  I missed a few while I was in Dubai.

BPR:  Is this the first time you have auditioned?

BJ:  This is the first time I have actually completed the application.  I started to apply a few times, but the application is so long, it's very detailed, you have to submit a portfolio.  So this year I thought, this is my year to do it and I did.

BPR:  We are really going to miss you!

BPR:  Who are your best friends from the cast?

BJ:  There are so many!  I really love Chris, Gunnar, Fabio, Nate and Raul.  I love all the boys.

BPR:  Which designers have you remained in touch with?

BJ:  We are all tweeting back and forth during the show.

BPR:  Which was your favorite challenge?

BJ:  I think it was the Candy Challenge.  I liked the weaving.  It was fun.  I wish I had done a little better on the skirt.  I like the unconventional stuff.

BPR:  This episode had a lot of drama.  Were you surprised that Andrea and Kooan left the competition?

BJ:  Well, I mean, it was so surreal, usually I have a sense of the drama but I was so shocked that Andrea left.  I mean she's a grown-up and she's a teacher and I just couldn't believe that she would do that.  Didn't she think, "I wonder what my students with think of this...."  it made her look unprofessional.

BPR:  And Kooan?

BJ:  Yeah.  I didn't see that coming.  I mean when we were shopping he was really quiet and I was like, "Are you okay?"  I could tell there was something different in his demeanor.  I mean I was trying to calm Chris down because he was feeling so bad, and then Kooan was like, "Buffi, Buffi, I have to say something..."  I was surprised yes.

BPR:  Do you think bringing Raul back was fair?

Yeah.  I think it was unfair when he left actually.  I think Andrea should have left.  I think she should have spoken up earlier if she wanted to leave and she could have left on good terms with all of us and the judges.

BPR:  What are you working on now?

BJ:  I've been working on a book since before I went on the show.  It's a book on dressmaking and sewing which I am sure that Nina will not be buying.  It will be out at the end of next year.

I am also doing some costume design for Cherie Lily of House Aerobics and burlesque performer, Angie Pontani.

BPR:  Buffi, we are almost out of time, is there anything else that you would like to say to your fans?

BJ: I'm really sad that I am not in the competition any more.   I had the best time ever and I am really appreciating all of the feeedback, Facebook posts and emails. I am happy to have inspired people.  It was the most fun ever.