DE: Hello Miss Laura.
BPR: Congratulations on your strong showing this season.
DE: Thank you so much!
BPR: I consider you a finalist. I still can't believe that you were eliminated. I was completely surprised.
DE: Well. I look at it this way, I'm a winner either way. because by being on Project Runway and getting this far, the exposure was phenomenal and it has already opened doors for me.
BPR: We know that you showed in the Finale as one of the "Final Four" so I just believed that at the end, the judges would say that all of you were "in." Did you watch the episode?
DE: Actually I was at a fashion show and I did not watch, but I had a lot of friends who did watch and told me about it.
BPR: Your collection is fabulous, which is your favorite look?
DE: My favorite look is the second look that went down the runway. Even though my model Marina came out in the first look... oh and actually, my other favorite was that fur dress. The faux fur dress. It came in between my sweaters. I just had so much fun with that one. The entire collection has my heart and soul in it.
BPR: And having a $10,000 budget must have really helped.
DE: Of course. It enabled me to have some custom knitwear and also I had some custom-painted leather. I made it into a skirt with organza over it. The artist was Santiago Salazar. He did some things for "Black Swan," the movie. I gave him the idea of the nebula from outer space and did sort of a graffiti version of it. I really loved that.
BPR: And you had the most fabulous model, Marina. Have you remained in touch?
DE: Yes, we are in touch. She has such elegance and she really knows how to work a look. Even the pink dress, when I was struggling, she made it work. Especially the outfit from Berlin. She really knew how to work it.
BPR: She was perfect for your looks - first class.
DE: Absolutely.
BPR: You are a true inspiration to those of us in your demographic. What are you working on now?
DE: Actually, this is really cool. I have a dress that will be shown in a Cancer-Awareness fashion show on May 1st. I am also doing Austin Fashion Week on May 10th. I am working on it right now. I can't wait for you to see it.
I want to say also that I was very influenced by Patricia. I have been working with leather and I want to be sure to give credit to her for the inspiration. I am working with a silver-mirrored leather. I also have a floral print and black and white of course.
Also, I want to let you know, that I have been approached by a manufacturer this week. They want to produce my work! We are working out the details right now. Like I say, so many doors are opening for me. It is very exciting.
BPR: Which was your favorite challenge?
DE: The Berlin Challenge.
BPR: Who is your best friend from the cast?
DE: Actually Richard. We were roommates, and Stanley too. We were all roommates from the beginning.
BPR: Was it fun to have Tim Gunn visit you?
DE: I loved it. I loved seeing him here in Austin. He did say that they recognized him in town, I think at a coffee shop. One thing I want to say about TIm Gunn... my mother's brother had passed away the day before the episode was filmed. Of course, she could not be a part of the televised visit as we had planned. Tim Gunn took time off camera to comfort and console her. He is a class act.
BPR: You have a new look - what prompted you to shave and cut your hair?
DE: Actually, I am always changing up my look. I am like a chameleon. I think it is fun and healthy. I was in Los Angeles and walking around and I thought, "It's time for a change." I went back to my room and shaved it all off and then the hair.
BPR: You look younger!
DE: It's funny, my new collection is all about youth. It's a fun youthful, edgy collection. Everyone still recognizes me. I feel good about myself.
BPR: Daniel, we are almost out of time, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?
DE: God bless all of you. Thank you for supporting me and following my ups and downs. If I can influence anyone to follow your dreams, it's worth it. Thank you all.
BPR: Thank you Daniel!

