Friday, January 10, 2014

BPR Interview with Seth Aaron Henderson, Continued

BPR:  This is Laura Kluvo from Blogging Project Runway and I'm on the phone with All-Star Season Three Champion, Seth Aaron Henderson - Hi Seth Aaron!

SA:  Hi Laura!

BPR:  Congratulations on your win.  

SA:  Thank you.

BPR:  What prompted you to return to the competition?

SA:  Business!  The first time around it was about letting people know who I was.  This time it's about taking it to the next level.

BPR:  When you arrived at the set and saw the other designers, who did you believe would be your greatest competition?

SA:  All of them!  They are all so talented.  I didn't see any "weak links."  

BPR:  Have you received your prizes yet?

SA:  No.  Not yet.

BPR:  What part of the prize package are you most looking forward to?

SA:  Already got it - the title!

BPR:  I have a reader question from Jamie:  Are you still planning to move to Los Angeles?

SA:  Yes.  July.

BPR:  Tell us about your family.  How old are your children?

SA:  Aaron is 17 and Megann is 15.

BPR:  As a self-taught designer, what advice do you have to young designers?  How did you learn to sew and to design so well?

SA:  Well, the design part has always been there.  Not clothing per se, but in my house, growing up - my father drew for Disney.  He was always drawing and building.  My mom painted and did crafty projects.  I have been into clothing since I was a toddler.  Once I picked up a machine - it was just practice practice practice.  That's the advice that I would give.

BPR:  Will you be watching "Under the Gunn?"

SA:  Yes.

BPR:  Will we see you on the show?

SA:  No.

BPR:  Did Zanna give you any good advice?

SA:  She gave me lots of good advice.  She knows me and she knows my work.  I cast with her.  Her advice is, "Be you."  It's a hard role being a mentor and I think that through the season she just got better and better.

BPR:  Do you feel that Georgina has more power than the other judges?

SA:  No.  Georgina?  No.  She is fantastic, but I don't think any one of them has more power than any other.

BPR:  Who is your best friend from the cast?

SA:  Jeffrey - he was my roommate.  Viktor, Daniel, Korto - all of them.  I knew all of them except for Mychael before the show. 

BPR:  How did Jeffrey help you prepare for the finale?

SA:  He is a great talent.  He brought an editing eye.  I mean, my finale collection was already in my head before I left.  I was working and he was just very supportive and encouraging.

BPR:  I have a reader question from Amy:  "Which was the most difficult challenge?"

SA:  Marge Simpson.

BPR:  In Season 7 you won a cash prize of $100,000.  How did you spend your money?  

SA:  It provided a financial cushion for me.  It was a safety net.  It allowed me to design full-time.

BPR:  Do you plan to show a collection at New York Fashion Week?

SA:  Well, as part of the QVC prize package I will be there.  My collection is already done and available on QVC.  I will also be appearing on QVC for the Monday Night Live PM Style Show at 7:00.

BPR:  During the Milly challenge you said that you would like to work for her.  Do you still feel that way?

SA:  Well, I would like to work with them and we will talk later about it.  The dress that I designed for them is almost sold out in a week.

BPR:  For the finale show at the United Nations, who was in the audience?

SA:  The delegates, past cast members - there were about 200 people there.

BPR:  Your scarf dress was fabulous.   

SA:  Thank you.  I have two Theodora and Callum scarves in my closet.  That particular scarf was the only one that really fit into my collection so I was happy to get it.

BPR:  What are you working on now?

SA:  I just finished the QVC Collection and then, depending on my schedule, I hope to do the El Paseo Fashion Week event.

BPR:  We are almost out of time, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?

SA:   Thank you to all of my fans, for your support.  I mean, I am a fan of the show too.  Everyone who watches, whether they are on "my team" or not I appreciate.  The fans make the show possible.  I also want to thank Weinstein, Bunim/Murray, Lifetime and everyone who works on the show.  I hope it continues to grow.  It has really changed my world.

BPR:  Thank you Seth Aaron.

SA:  Thank you, Laura.