Sunday, October 12, 2014

BPR Interview with Bert Keeter, Continued

BPR:  This is Laura Kluvo from Blogging Project Runway and I'm on the phone with Season 9 designer, Bert Keeter.  Hi Bert!

BK:  Hey Laura!

BPR:  Bert, how did you become involved with Tucson Fashion Week?

BK:  A few years ago I did El Paseo Fashion Week with Michael Costello and some other Project Runway designers.  While there I met the fabulous Camerone Parker who has become a good friend and an excellent client.  She invited me to Tucson and introduced me to some people there and they invited me to participate in Tucson Fashion Week.  I also met my business partner, Mel Greenberg, who is completely instrumental in getting my line into production. 

BPR:  What is new at TFW this year?

BK:   It is always evolving.  This year we are holding the fashion show in a beautiful restored theater in downtown Tucson.  Also we are having a Project Runway Showcase featuring five Project Runway designers.

BPR:  How did you determine the designers that have been chosen for the Project Runway Showcase?

BK:  We were looking for great designers with strong fan bases.  All of these designers have been All-Stars, except for me...

BPR:  ...A serious oversight....

BK:  Peach creates modern separates and she is just a lot of fun to be around.  Mila is more edgy.  Daniel is very glamorous - he creates very special pieces, and Korto also creates very beautiful day-to-evening looks.

BPR:  Tell us about the collection that you will be showing.

BK:  We are each showing twelve looks.  I will be premiering my new Kore collection which is designed for the working woman who wants to look polished and professional as well as modern and chic.  The balance of my looks will be eveningwear which I am actually working on right now.

BPR:  How soon will Kore be available in stores?

BK:  We will ship in January for Spring. 

BPR:  What else can we expect at Tucson Fashion Week?

BK:  There is a showcase of local emerging designers on Friday.  Also after the Project Runway Showcase on Saturday there will be a meet and greet, and on Sunday there will be a brunch and the opportunity to try on and purchase designs.

BPR:  Have you been watching this season of Project Runway?

BK:  Yes I have.

BPR:  Do you have a favorite?

BK:  I think Sean has a definite point of view.  He is the most directional.  The look he did this week - the two-piece white look - was pretty spectacular.  Kini is excellent too, but does not have a specific vision the way that Sean does.  His execution is excellent of course.  I think Kini really needs to focus on what we haven't seen before. 

BPR:  Bert, we are almost out of time, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?

BK:  I owe a lot to Project Runway for putting me out there.  Blogging Project Runway has been really good to me, so very supportive.  I know that not everyone's experience on the show has been positive but you have to turn it around.  I mean all publicity is good publicity and Project Runway provides an excellent opportunity for designers to get their work seen.  I want to thank all of my fans.  Please join us at Tucson Fashion Week!

BPR:  Thanks Bert!

BK:  Thank you.