BPR: This is Laura Kluvo from Blogging Project Runway and I'm on the phone with season 13 designer, Emily Payne. Hi Emily!
EP: Hi!
BPR: Our readers strongly disagree with your elimination.
EP: That's awesome.
BPR: Although you were eliminated, you still showed a collection at Fashion Week. Please tell us about your inspiration and process.
EP: I took the look from the makeover challenge as inspiration. I work at Britex so it was easy for me to find some awesome fabric. The judges seemed to really respond to that one. It was really me and honestly the only one that the judges liked. I took the look and tried to make more wearable designs.
BPR: Which was your favorite look?
EP: The opening look.
BPR: Did you use Aldo footwear?
EP: The decoy designers did not use Aldo shoes. We had a certain budget. My fabrics were very luxe and so I wanted the shoes to be more street. A friend and I went around and when we found these shoes I thought that the Doc Martens seemed really me. I especially like the sole - the teal soles. I liked the way they brought a little color.
BPR: Did you go to Italy with the other designers?
EP: I'm not sure if I'm supposed to talk about it...
BPR: Tim told us that two of the decoys went along on the trip...
EP: Okay then...Yes. Korina and I went.
BPR: How did you get along?
BPR: When I first met Korina, I wasn't sure about her and then about halfway through the competition I started to like her, and then after the whole Char thing went down, I switched. I was kind of back and forth on her. Then when we went to Italy I spent a lot of time with her. She just doesn't work well in that situation. She has a strong personality. She is very young, and when she feels something, she just says it and regrets it later. After spending time with her I think she is actually really cool.
BPR: Did you watch last week's episode?
EP: Yes.
BPR: It seemed that you were happy with your streetwear design and didn't have any real issues. Were you surprised to be eliminated?
EP: No I was not surprised. I just kind of knew that I would be next. I just decided to do the streetwear look that was really me. I knew they wouldn't like it, but I just wanted to do that look.
BPR: You were calm and reasonable throughout the season and a pleasure to watch. Have you been recognized in the street? Or at the store?
EP: Yes, I think mainly because of my hair. I work at Britex (a fabric store in San Francisco) and there is a huge fanbase there. I have posed for a lot of selfies!
BPR: Who is your best friend from the cast?
EP: Samantha.
BPR: Have you remained in touch with Samantha and the other designers?
EP: Definitely Samantha and the others through Facebook, but mostly Samantha.
BPR: Korina was hard to watch. Do you believe she was fairly edited?
EP: You know.... I DO believe she was fairly edited. I mean she did say those things. When you don't really know her, she comes across as very negative. She is very passionate.
BPR: Does your daughter watch the show?
EP: I cold not get her to watch it!
BPR: Every time I ask Tim about the button bag, he insists that it is completely impartial. Do you believe that the button bag is impartial?
EP: I don't know. I thought about it during the storage wars episode. I wondered if we were set up. I asked the other designers and they all thought it was staged. I don't know. If Tim says it's real, then I believe Tim.
BPR: You are the first designer that I have interviewed since the reunion has been filmed. Can we expect any drama at the reunion?
EP: Ummm Yes.
BPR: If you could go back, is there anything that you would have done differently?
EP: No. I am pretty happy with my experience.
BPR; I have a reader question from Vicky, "What do the characters tattooed on your chest mean?"
EP: One is a symbol for a lion which is my birthsign of Leo and the other a dragon which is for rebirth and represents an important part of my life.
BPR: What are you working on now?
EP: I am filling orders for kids stuff, I have a backlog because I was sick last week. I am also working on a version of my hoodie that will go up in my etsy store this weekend. It's funny. This was the garment that got me eliminated, but it is the one that everyone wants.
BPR: Emily, we are almost out of time, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?
EP: Thanks for watching and I really appreciate all of the support. It was fun!
BPR: Thank you Emily!
EP: Thank you!