Saturday, October 11, 2014

Korto Momolu Spring 2015, continued

BPR:  This is Laura Kluvo from Blogging Project Runway and I'm on the phone with All-Star designer, Korto Momolu, Hi Korto!

KM:  Hi!

BPR:  Please tell us about your Spring 2015 collection.  

KM:  The collection is called "Rebirth."  As you know, I just had a baby, and I wanted to sort of start fresh.  I was thinking about "my girl" and her journey.  She not in college any more - she is growing up!  So I thought about what she wanted to say and how she wanted to be perceived.  I kept my silhouette, but amped it up a little bit.  The color palette is calm, smooth and soft.  The baby blue of course represented my baby boy.  There were a few shockers with the bright orange but for the most part it was like a breeze. 

BPR:  How many looks did you present at NYFW?

KM:  I did twenty-three.

BPR:  Will you be showing these looks at TFW, or will we see new looks?

KM:  I will show this collection - hopefully all 23 looks.  For those who can't get to New York Fashion Week, they will have the opportunity to see the collection in a calmer environment. 

BPR:  Have you ever been to Tucson?

KM:  Yes, when I did the signing for my jewelry line for Dillard's.

BPR:  And you also came to Scottsdale!

KM:  Yes and we met for lunch.  It was fun!

BPR:  Have you been watching season 13?

KM:  I watched one episode - the movie theater challenge.  It's hard for me to watch. 

BPR:  Did you see the finale?

KM:  I was not in town.  It was the first time I hadn't been to a finale show since my season!

BPR:  Tell us about your family?  How old are your children?  

KM:  My daughter Alyse is 10 going on 25 and Cameron is 6 months. 

BPR:  Will they be with you in Tucson?

KM:  I am actually bringing Cameron with me!

BPR:  Korto, we are almost out of time, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?

KM:  Just thanks for all the love.  I had so much love when I went on All-Stars.  The fans on BPR are always so positive.  I received many good wishes when Cameron was born.  I read every single one.  I also want to encourage everyone to go after your dreams.  It's just a fantasy if you don't go after it.  I'm still going after it.  Still standing, still working, still living.  I love you all at Blogging Project Runway. 

BPR:  Thank you Korto!

KM:  Thank you!