BPR: This is Laura Kluvo from Blogging Project Runway and I'm on the phone with Season 14 designer, Lindsey Creel. Hi Lindsey!
LC: Hi Laura!
BPR: Lindsey, our readers strongly disagree with your elimination....
LC: I saw that - thank you so much...
BPR: I'm so glad that you are reading BPR...
LC: Of course!
BPR: You are obviously very intelligent and talented, and you made it quite far in the competition. If you could go back, is there anything that you would do differently?
LC: Yes, of course. But you can't go back and I am proud of the work that I put out. Still, I look back and say, "What was I thinking?"
BPR: I have a reader question from Patrick: "We saw the beautiful painting of your great-grandmother in your home visit video and you mentioned how close you were to her. Can you speak to the influence she had on your design career?"
LC: She actually taught me how to sew. I lost her about two years ago - so I had her with me for about 26 years which is crazy I mean most people don't even have the chance to know their great-grandparents. She was the most supportive person of anything I ever wanted to do or dream of or be. We were super close. She was an amazing woman.
BPR: And didn't you name your company after her?
LC: Yes. Her name was Mary Edna Shirley.
BPR: I have a reader question from Amy, "Which was your favorite challenge, and why?"
LC: Honestly the last challenge was my favorite. There had been so much drama going back and forth, and when were down to the top eight, most of that had settled down. The play was amazing. Meeting Matthew Morrison was amazing and Coco Rocha was a great guest judge.
BPR: Have you been watching this season?
LC: Yes.
BPR: Is there anything we didn't see that you wish we had.
LC: Yes, there are a lot of things that you don't see. There were many close friendships that developed. There was more focus on drama and less on the kindness and the positive things...it's not even worth revisiting... I was just powering through and doing my best.
BPR: Who is your best friend from the cast?
BPR: Honestly, during the show it was Kelly. Since we've been home it's been Swapnil. I would say a good half of us talk every day.
BPR: I have a reader question from Heather, "How did the lack of trips to Mood affect your design process?"
LC: Mood is like a giant monster so it is hard to navigate. There are pluses and minuses to shopping there. However, I totally would have liked to shop there for more of the challenges. Of course it was great to finally get to shop for fabric, but by this challenge I was kind of brain-dead and it was impossible to find what I was looking for. I was definitely thrown by not getting to choose my own fabric more often.
BPR: Two hundred and fifty dollars seems like a very generous budget for one garment...
LC: You know....not at Mood... I think you could see Laurie paying $110 for one yard of fabric.
BPR: I have a reader question from David, "Is there such a thing as "Austin Style?""
LC: Yes there is, I would say. Austin Style is lot like Williamsburg style. It's laid-back and breezy but still super stylish. It's hot here so we are pretty casual. You have the hipster crowd and the young professional crowd and there is some bleedover in the middle.
BPR: What are you working on now?
LC: My Spring 2016 collection. I am just finishing up.
BPR: Will you be showing this collection?
LC: We will be shooting it, we will be shooting it beautifully, but it is a little late in the season for a runway show.
BPR: Lindsey, we are almost out of time, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?
LC: Yes. Thank you for the overwhelming support this past week. Honestly, I am a little blown away by it.
BPR: Thank you Lindsey. Please keep in touch with BPR.
LC: Yes I will, thank you!